Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Coaching

NAZology

We play a rookie and the blitz Landry from the edges?! You blitz a rookie or any scrambling QB up the middle---why because it works. Beck played well his receivers failed him maybe they should be catching basketballs. Stretch running works with big athletic Lineman---we are anemic with such talent.Kyle Shanahan is a child playing Tecmo bowl and his daddy will not send him to his room=Dysfunctional.

ZBS running relies much more on the lineman's speed and athleticism than it does his size when compared to a Gibbs-type running game.

again, way too much respect to a rookie QB. id have told haslett to just bring the house and roll the dice. the chances of recovering an onside are so small, youre better off stopping them on D. that also gives banks a real chance to take one to the house.

onsides there is saying "we give up". not a fan of that one.

I dont see how trying to get the ball back is giving up. Yea it was a low percentage play, but so was the play of our defense the second half. I didnt have a problem with it.

Interestingly, the HC took responsibility in two different interviews after and said it falls on him to prepare his guys better.

If your a player, that's what you want to hear. A coach who has your back publicly. The ass kicking needs to happen in private.

Hail.

What is so annoying about that is that you're 100% right and it doesn't even matter.

Look at who's winning now. Harbaughs, Ryan, etc. They don't do that at all, but they're winning.

I just dont get how you can blame coaches when they just dont have the personnel yet. Our QB wouldnt start for alot of college teams. Lets give them another offseason (hopefully they get their QB in this upcoming draft) before we even start to think about looking elsewhere.

Hey there kiddo... Peyton manning couldn't function with this play calling, line protection, and dropped passes. Now how about u walking to the fridge a grabbing me a cold one son. Thank you.

How can you NOT blame the coaches? Its 4th and 2! You can't stop anyone! PUNT the ball, stop making your sub par defense defend a short field. Its horse crap decision making. The game was in decent shape until you gave them a short field to go down and score on.

Hey there kiddo... Peyton manning couldn't function with this play calling, line protection, and dropped passes. Now how about u walking to the fridge a grabbing me a cold one son. Thank you.

Were talking football and you throw out insults. Who's the child?

Back to the discussion.

worst call of the day: onsides kick with 5 minutes left.

thats the worst call of mikes tenure IMO. i have never seen a dumber call in his time here.

I don't know. I can see the reasoning behind it. 5 min left. Our defense was unable to stop the Panthers all day. Carolina could've easily milked the clock down with the way they were moving the ball. Besides, it didn't really bite us. We did get the ball back

Really? Because all I see is unbelievably' date=' mind-numbingly dull offense that plays to none of our strengths whatsoever.[/quote']

i think the flaw in your statement is using the word strength in reference to our offense.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 04:30 PM ----------

Did anyone hear Shanahn's press conference?

He said something along the lines of, "I should have better prepared them for this game."

that's just a joe gibbs comment. shanny is not a coach i would accuse of ever being under-prepared for anything.

@Russellmania980

Chris Russell

Beck about the run heavy first half and in general when run game clicks "when you're gashing them, why go to something else?" #Redskins

Even Beck doesn't know why we gave up on the run.

Funny... because Beck's statement also explains why we went to the pass in the second half. They clamped down on the run and we started finding tons of open room in the passing game. Aside from the drops, the pass was effectively gashing them so we stuck with it.

Funny... because Beck's statement also explains why we went to the pass in the second half. They clamped down on the run and we started finding tons of open room in the passing game. Aside from the drops, the pass was effectively gashing them so we stuck with it.

Fair enough.

I wonder what this game looks like with a better defensive performance.

I think we a getting out coached on a weekly basis. Each week I hear someone from the team say "They did something different then what we seen on film". And I am also hearing "We didnt do a good job with their adjustments"... sounds like bad coaching to me. especially on Defense

they didn't though. Okay they got us down to four yds per carry instead of seven and eight. Even on the play he got hurt on Hightower got five. Then we ran it with Torrain maybe twice that I saw.

Really? Because all I see is unbelievably' date=' mind-numbingly dull offense that plays to none of our strengths whatsoever.[/quote']

Agreed. Our offense is OFFENSIVE. It's not creative. It doesn't go vertical. And, it doesn't leverage the talent on hand.

Austin, Hankerson, and Niles warming the bench for most of the game ... is not good. Dink and Dunk is what we do. Frankly, this offense looks like Jim Zorn V 2.0

Agreed. Our offense is OFFENSIVE. It's not creative. It doesn't go vertical. And, it doesn't leverage the talent on hand.

Austin, Hankerson, and Niles warming the bench for most of the game ... is not good. Dink and Dunk is what we do. Frankly, this offense looks like Jim Zorn V 2.0

if you can't catch dink and dunk what makes you think you can catch deep?

they didn't though. Okay they got us down to four yds per carry instead of seven and eight. Even on the play he got hurt on Hightower got five. Then we ran it with Torrain maybe twice that I saw.

After a quick sweep of the play-by-play it would appear that our last 11 run plays went for a grand total of about 25 yards. Care to reconsider?

if you can't catch dink and dunk what makes you think you can catch deep?

I'm not going to sit here and pretend be an offensive coordinator. I'm a fan, I know that, you know it. What I'm trying to say is how many times have you watched a Redskin game recently and said "wow, what a great playcall" or "I honestly didn't see that coming" ? Seems like almost every other team in the league can put together a play that will throw off a defense. Us? We stretch left. Stretch right. Shotgun pass on 3rd and manageable. 5 step drop. Isn't there something else in the playbook once in a while?

Topic is spot on correct.

Those who say we don't have the right players, well, by having the right players would mean most anyone on this forum could call the defensive plays. Haslett has never been a worthy DC, regardless of where he came from; the strengths and weaknesses of players and utilizing them to their best positions on the field is what makes a great DC; Haslett is not this kind of coach; he was on a team which had a very good defense already. If he was so great, why did the Rams defense suck so badly when he was there?

Kyle, well that speaks for itself; once again, if I were coach and had Shaub and Johnson on my team, I'd look pretty impressive myself. Screen plays have all but disappeared, and he seemed scared to throw downfield; not that Gaffney would catch it in the first place, but at least loosen the d up some.

Torain is not a slash type runner, and thats what is needed in the run sweep play; he makes 1 cut and gone, but doesn't have the immediate burst off the cut that HT has, but thats another story.

There's no question that players like Barnes got schooled by some unknown receiver, but once again he was left flat-footed in the endzone while Le-Juke' em blows by him.

Start holding players' paychecks and put the coaching staff on notice; if Haslett and Kyle can't do any better, hit the road and give someone else a chance...

Archived