Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bad Coaching

NAZology

Our coaches have coached scared for the last few years. No one takes risks and tries to bury a team. They run predictable and conservative plays. They get conservative on defense especially when we play a bad team. This is exactly why we play to the level of the team we are playing. We feel like we have nothing to lose against a good team so we open it up more but since we are supposed to beat bad teams, we play conservative and scared. I am getting so sick and tired of it. I dont care how little talent we have. You cant coach like a scared little ***** in the NFL and actually expect to win.

bad coaching by haslett today. we respected newton way too much for a rookie. newtons whole premise is that when hes pressured he makes stupid mistakes. we let him sit back there all day and pick us apart with no big blitzes. no 0 coverages today, no house blitzes, no real heat aside from early on in the game.

this whole team sucks as a whole and we will not win a lot this season, so get used to games like this people. we are headed for the cellar again, and hopefully a good enough pick that we can fix some of these holes.

Yeah, I'm a little perplexed by the lack of blitzing. I understand not wanting to give up "the big one," we we did that without blitzing. I'm just a little disappointed in the D today.

I'll agree with Shanny that he didnt have the team prepared.. They're not very disciplined either.. I really dont how they're allowed to jump up and start dancing after a TD, when their down by 20 and the games nearly over.. I though that kinda junk AT LEAST would be fixed by now, with Mike Shanahan as our coach, but we still see it about every game.. The players just done seem to grasp the reality of the situation I guess.. Maybe the coaches dont either?

Its called the QB couldnt get it done...... All his yards came in the second half when the panthers a decent lead, then started playing the bend but dont break defense on us. Any QB that has an NFL jersey on should be able to pick up those yards.....

Disagree on that, the Skins were within three in the second half when the Panthers scored their first touchdown and that was mostly passing by Beck to get into the second half briefly there.

Coefield and the entire DL got pushed around today. I literally thought I was watching film of last year pathetic defense. The lack of athleticism on the DL is clearly noticable, and I have said all season if you stick with the running game against the Redskins you eventually gash them for long runs (multiple). They just don't have personel depth to make this defense work week in, week out IMO.

Worst coaching move may have been respecting the rookie. You would think we learned how to beat them by now.

If they can scramble or not, we play them to lose the game themselves. I believe that is now 7 straight losses to rookie QBs.

Sure Cam scrambled and scared the daylights out of Haslet, but I would rather him under pressure, than not.

What is our team identity again? The play calling is predictable and the execution is poor. If you see N. Paul in the game, we're running. Aren't we an aggressive defense? Looked more passive to me. See, this is all about coaching. You have a first 15 play script that should be flawless and the rest is adjusting your gameplan according to situtions. Guys, don't rag on the players too much. This is the NFL. These players wouldn't be in the league if they weren't good enough. Yes there were dropped balls and mistakes here and there but you should be able to overcome that. The Panthers committed over 10 penalities for over 100 yards. And we can't come close to competing for a full 60 minutes? The coaches put the players in the best possible position to succeed based on "intel". They are failing, point blank.

What is our team identity again? The play calling is predictable and the execution is poor. If you see N. Paul in the game, we're running. Aren't we an aggressive defense? Looked more passive to me. See, this is all about coaching. You have a first 15 play script that should be flawless and the rest is adjusting your gameplan according to situtions. Guys, don't rag on the players too much. This is the NFL. These players wouldn't be in the league if they weren't good enough. Yes there were dropped balls and mistakes here and there but you should be able to overcome that. The Panthers committed over 10 penalities for over 100 yards. And we can't come close to competing for a full 60 minutes? The coaches put the players in the best possible position to succeed based on "intel". They are failing, point blank.

Things weren't clear the moment we sent two picks to philly for McNabb. Our identity and direction has been questionable ever since that didn't work out. Shan better find his QB fast. I see why the folks in Denver got tired of this movie.

Things weren't clear the moment we sent two picks to philly for McNabb. Our identity and direction has been questionable ever since that didn't work out. Shan better find his QB fast. I see why the folks in Denver got tired of this movie.

I totally agree Skinsfever2010. These things didn't happen overnight and he's done some good things while here to build a team. On gameday, I just don't understand what I'm watching. It seems as if we should be better than this. Not necessarily playoff bound but at least competing.

I personally think Kyle Shannahan is out-coaching himself.

Kyle is creating a scheme that can beat defenses, rather than creating a scheme that his lack-luster offense can run. KS didn't want to tailor the offense to McNabb's strengths last year, and this year seems to be more of the same.

A couple of drives yesterday stick out to me, that IIRC were at the start of the 2nd half. The play-calling on these drives was masterful, PA, PA boots, stretches and etc.. very well scattered and not predictable at all. If not for a Davis drop, these two drives were some of the most impressive of the day. So why wasn't Beck's mobility used to this extent earlier in the game? This should have been the game-plan all along in my opinion.

Because KS doesn't create a gameplan based on what he's working with, he creates a gameplan that can beat the opponent IF and only IF all the parts are working right, ie QB making correct pre-snap reads, WR's getting open off man coverage, and that just hasn't been the case. Thankfully we made some adjustments in the 2nd half, next week I'd like to see the team build off these adjustments.

So I beg of Kyle, please please please, devise your gameplan around your limited options, though frustrating I'm sure it will yield the best results.

Some of you on here just complain about play call this and that when you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry the Play Calls were not bad. Our execution was, it's that simple. You have to block, you have to tackle, you have to catch the ball, you can't fumble. We didn't do any of those things well. That's why we lost. You can second guess play calls all the time based on the results of the actual play. That is just an excuse and an easy way to complain.

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 01:04 PM ----------

Now if you want to say bad coaching becuase our team didn't look ready to play, lacked passion. Then I would agree.

Like the idea of going for it but i would of rather seen Ryan T run.

+1

Run the ball.

One of the worst run Ds in the NFL>>>>run the ball.

This series in particular bothered me becasue it showed the playcalling was not looking past the next play. If you are going to go for it on 4th, run the ball on 3rd and 2. If you don't make it run it again. If you can't make a 1st on one of the worst run Ds in the NFL then oh well. Calling back to back pass plays was poor planning and decision-making on the part of the coaches IMO.

The pass play at the end of the 1st half was bothersome, too (gafney's fumble). Run the ball against one of the worst run Ds in the NFL. If you get nothing, oh well. Go into half tied and get the ball to open the 2nd half. Who knows, maybe we break a long run and then take a chance at a FG before half. But risking a turnover on a short pass play seemed like a poor decision.

I did not like some of the decision-making yesterday. We were outcoached.

The only positive I saw yesterday from play calling offensively was the number of playaction plays we ran in the 2nd half...i have been calling for that all year and it works great with the personnel we have.

I was fine with the defensive playcalling in the 1st half (blitz and get Newton off balance) - that disappeared in the 2nd half for some reason...

The only positive I saw yesterday from play calling offensively was the number of playaction plays we ran in the 2nd half...i have been calling for that all year and it works great with the personnel we have.

I really agree with this, but here's what I don't understand. THT, better receiver and blocker than Torain, is in the game and we're constantly rushing the ball, not using too much PA. THT gets hurt, we get away from rushing the ball (where Torain is better than THT) and turn to PA forcing Torain to be a blocker/receiver. Talk about not using what you have wisely...

KS didn't play to any of the RB's strengths, nor did he play to the QB's strengths.

Archived