Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terence Austin & Leonard Hankerson....never a better day than today to shine, fellas!

NoCalMike

I just don't understand. The guy runs a bad route aka a rookie mistake and is now a bust. He defends himself against the mentally inept portion of our fanbase on twitter and is now a cancer. He should get off of twitter just for the sole purpose of avoiding the spineless nature of this fanbase at times.

I don't think people hate the guy, the problem is some of the people responding to his tweets are not even redskin fans or a handful of skin fans that are extremely pissed of with the loss, I don't think he can tell the difference. The point I was trying to make is the need for him to understand not to tweet after a loss especially after being in a controversial play where people are asking if its his fault or Beck. A smart player would understand the need to just be PC and say something like, "Sorry redskins nation we'll play better next week". But he goes on twitter saying "What's up peeps", of course he was going to get heat. But most fans have also sent him positive tweets too. He's the one choosing to tweet back to the negative fans and intentionally or accidentally throwing his QB under the bus which resulted in even more fans responding.

As a Nebraska fan I watched him for years and told multiple people that I wanted the Redskins to draft him because he had so much potential that wasn't being used in an offense that passes twice a decade.

So far he seems to be proving me right. :)

I think he needs more time. Heck from what he showed tonight, he could almost start. I'm ready to put in these kids and see what happens for most of a game. I think we might be able to get some separation from the defenders and not have near the injuries. If we aren't devoting much practice time to them, we need to start. The change needs to happen for this team asap before fans start losing their minds.

I just don't understand. The guy runs a bad route aka a rookie mistake and is now a bust. He defends himself against the mentally inept portion of our fanbase on twitter and is now a cancer. He should get off of twitter just for the sole purpose of avoiding the spineless nature of this fanbase at times.

Yes...a Rookie mistake. Those get corrected with playing and practice time with the starters. You get quality practice time by being an asset to the team. I didn't see anyone attacking him on Twitter.

I'm pulling for the kid, and see him as a great addition to our long term future. But you are correct in that he should get off of twitter for at least 45 minutes after a loss

I don't think people hate the guy, the problem is some of the people responding to his tweets are not even redskin fans or a handful of skin fans that are extremely pissed of with the loss, I don't think he can tell the difference. The point I was trying to make is the need for him to understand not to tweet after a loss especially after being in a controversial play where people are asking if its his fault or Beck. A smart player would understand the need to just be PC and say something like, "Sorry redskins nation we'll play better next week". But he goes on twitter saying "What's up peeps", of course he was going to get heat. But most fans have also sent him positive tweets too. He's the one choosing to tweet back to the negative fans and intentionally or accidentally throwing his QB under the bus which resulted in even more fans responding.

I understand and I am just looking at it from the standpoint where I know that he's young and inexperienced. I just can't find myself slamming him into the ground for what happened today. Yes he needs to learn that what he says on twitter will be psychoanalyzed but damn, he's just a rookie receiver. Not Art Monk or Ricky Sanders as of right now.

---------- Post added October-23rd-2011 at 07:16 PM ----------

Yes...a Rookie mistake. Those get corrected with playing and practice time with the starters. You get quality practice time by being an asset to the team. I didn't see anyone attacking him on Twitter.

I'm pulling for the kid, and see him as a great addition to our long term future. But you are correct in that he should get off of twitter for at least 45 minutes after a loss

Exactly. He just needs to learn from this experience involving twitter. Just take a breather and determine who to ignore and who to address on that website. He just needs more experience and then we can determine whether he'll ultimately be classified as a bust or not. Just boggles my mind how anyone could deem him as a bust right now. The team as a whole really dropped the ball *no pun intended lol* today and it is what it is.

Doh 106.7 the fan reports that Hankerson was supposed to run the go route Beck read the coverage and thought Hankrson would adjust do an out for some reason. Hankerson was open on that go route by the way.

Then you have idiots insulting Hankerson on twitter for doing what he was told and psst the game was already decided by then.

Doh 106.7 the fan reports that Hankerson was supposed to run the go route Beck read the coverage and thought Hankrson would adjust do an out for some reason. Hankerson was open on that go route by the way.

Then you have idiots insulting Hankerson on twitter for doing what he was told and psst the game was already decided by then.

Go route was not open. Corner was squatting on the route and broke when Beck threw the ball. The safety was also rolled over the top. That is likely why Beck thought Hankerson would break off his route. It happens.

Archived