Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gah...YES! (NNT Candidate - See Rule 8)

BucketHTTR

One bright spot this year so far has been Gano. We all had our doubts for this guy and when he missed that kick early in the season we all thought "Here we go again, Gano sucks"

Now the guy seems to be doing great for us. His kickoffs are booming and we don't get many returns against us, and he's only missed one kick for us besides the block and botched snap. I was really worried about our special teams play early as it seemed that nothing went right for our FG unit, but it's really starting to come together. I'm really excited to have the Rugby sensation Sav Rocca and Gano as our kickers now and both have huge legs.

Who else wanted to see him kick the 56 yarder last week, or at the very least....Attempt it?

Are you taking into account that they moved the spot of the kickoff?

But yea, I still like him.

Even then, his kickoffs are extremely high, and go out the back of the end zone. Iv'e seen a lot of returns this year, but not many against us and i'm not talking on behalf of Banks who returns everything.

Since the botched first kick in Dallas, he's what, 6 straight or there about's, including 2 50 yarders. Out of nowhere, he's found consistent accuracy to go with his booming leg. Not proclaiming the second coming of Moseley so soon, but with his new found accuracy, and booming kick-off's, it's hard not to like him this year.

Let's say I've not been hiding behind my hands the past 3 weeks, which is a major step forward.

Rocca's a former Australian rules footballer BTW my good man, not rugby. Two completely different sports. But I knew what you meant, smiles.

Hail.

So far, so good for Gano, and yes I would like to have seen his attempt at the 56-yarder. One thing to consider concerning his kicks is the weather/environment in which he has kicked thus far. Thinking back, during the first two games at Fed Ex we enjoyed San Diego-esqe weather and of course last Sunday was perfect, as well. The other two games were in domes, or in Dallas's case a partial dome or whatever that thing is down there. He hasn't had to kick in the elements yet.

With that said though, he has been a bright spot and I feel good with him as our kicker if the game is on the line.

He's been very good. I loved him in college and actually wanted the Skins to draft him, so when I heard they had signed him last year I was ecstatic. He had his struggles last season, but kickers need time to develop, just like players at any other positions. Not to mention we had snapping, holding, and blocking issues last season too.

Rocca's a former Australian rules footballer BTW my good man, not rugby. Two completely different sports. But I knew what you meant, smiles.

Hail.

Was going to reply to pull him up on that myself. Glad someone beat me too it.

But yeah, for the record guys - there's hardly any kicking/punting of any kind in rugby. Rugby players would make terrible punters. Aussie rules football players make great punters.

Now you know ;)

Archived