Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This teams clock management is horrible

jason61872

I cant believe how long it takes this team to get to the line of scrimmage and get a play off. 20+ secs in hurry up at a minimum and often closer to 30. I dont expect the perfection but I do expect some level of competence. If they dont understand how its supposed to be done, someone show them a clip of the end of the Patriots game tonight.

What was pissing me off is when there was 5 minutes left in the game and we were just walking around taking our time in the huddle, when it should have been hurry up. I didn't understand that, maybe cause Beck didn't take all the snaps in practice or something I don't know, but you would think he would know the hurry up offense by now.

Don't forget they missed a chance to get a play off before the 2 minute warning in the first half.

Just an abysmal job by the offense coaching staff today.

Philly confounded our offense about 5 or 6 times on their second drive where it was obvious they came correct today.

At no point did the Redskins offense exploit the Eagles defense. A flat ******* effort in execution, attitude, and play calling.

I think a lot of it had to do with Beck getting zero reps for the the first team offense this season(other then preseason) and probably did not have any work with the 2 minute offense. I would imagine they will get him more up to speed this week as he'll be getting allt he reps

Agreed OP. When it was the 4th quarter, on that TD drive, we were taking way too long huddling up and all, where was the no huddle offense? If we scored faster than we wouldnt have been in such a tough situation with the clock and stopping the Eagles on 3 downs there at the end.

The time management wasn't great but they still left plenty of time up on the board when our defense took the field for the last time. We just couldn't stop McCoy and get a shot to execute a real two minute offense.

Philly wore our defense out in the first half. They played a lot better in the 3rd quarter, but had no gas left in the tank for the 4th quarter. The d-line was just standing around. Haslett should have recognized this and sent in replacements, but no, we just tucked our tail between our legs and laid down.

I'm losing faith in Hasbeen altogether. Any QB would be licking his chops when he sees our 8-0-3 alignment with no one in the middle of the field. No linebackers or safties to stop the run or any pass over the middle. This is just crazy.

There's no hustle or professionalism when it comes to getting lined up on offense. Defense, absolutely. Offense, none at all and hasnt been for at least 5 years. Who gets the blame?

I blame you, Bill Clinton and left wingers everywhere.

I mean, what a stupid freekin question!

I'm losing faith in Hasbeen altogether. Any QB would be licking his chops when he sees our 8-0-3 alignment with no one in the middle of the field. No linebackers or safties to stop the run or any pass over the middle. This is just crazy.

Uh, that actually worked a lot for us today. We hurried Vick's passes and got a third down stop two or three times doing that. Haslett's been calling good games, it's just hard to keep up when the defense is on the field for practically 2/3 of the game.

Philly wore our defense out in the first half. They played a lot better in the 3rd quarter' date=' but had no gas left in the tank for the 4th quarter. The d-line was just standing around. Haslett should have recognized this and sent in replacements, but no, we just tucked our tail between our legs and laid down.[/quote']

Haslett was rotating defensive linemen throughout the game and their play as a unit did not noticeably deteriorate as the game progressed. They consistently failed to generate pressure up the middle, were iffy in containment, and struggled against the same types of running plays they've had problems with all season long (this last one is more damning of the entire front seven than just the linemen, though). Don't get me wrong, we've got a damn good defense on the whole but they let us down there.

It's not an 8-0-3 alignment, that would suggest that 8 men have their hands in the dirt which is not the case. It's just a 3-4 (or 2-4) 8-man rush look. It does not necessarily mean that we don't have guys ready to occupy the passing lanes over the middle of the field and it absolutely does not mean that we don't have players in position for run support. The alignment is gap sound, so running the ball is only a problem if offensive linemen can get up on the LBs quickly. That same exact thing could happen just as easily in a less aggressive look.

Clock management has not been an issue until the backup QB came in. It's understandable for the offense to be not as fast. You should expect more delay of game penalties and blown timeouts if Beck is the starter. Not a shot at him just the nature of the beast. Beck simply isn't as familiar with the offense yet so it will take longer to set it up in the huddle.

Archived