Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it fair to say this will be Cooley's last season with the Redskins?

vigilante

All I can say is I hope we get a deal worked out with Davis. The way he's playing he deserves an extension during the season. Wouldn't wanna risk him testing the FA waters.

When/if we do see that in-season contract extension, I'd say we'll know alot more about Cooley's future here.

Drama has sure been swirling around him all year.

Davis is the better TE by FAR right now, and has way more upside at this point.

If they are both in a contract year, I don't know how you bring him back unless he takes a HUGE pay cut.

At this point I would rather have Logan P than CC.....

cooley's trade value has been on a downward slope for some time. i really doubt we get anything for him right now.

the plus to all of this is that it will give cooley time to get his knee fully healed. when he comes back 100% (healed knee and hand), i expect a different player than what we've seen the past few weeks.

throwing to cooley on that route was another one of rex's horrible decisions yesterday. there was nothing good that could have come from that pass.

throwing to cooley on that route was another one of rex's horrible decisions yesterday. there was nothing good that could have come from that pass.

I agree, he completely hung Cooley out to dry on that play. Another example of Rex not being able to read a defense.

The Cooley of old wouldnt have been hit stick by Nnamdi, that was embarrassing.

Cooley didnt have his heart in the game today, all week on the Junkies he was talking about the party he is throwing at his house after the game win or lose.

you clearly have no idea what youre talking about.

he was led directly into the defender and Nnamdi makes that tackle 10/10. that play also has a high percentage of injury.

He may not be the starter anymore, but he's still a valuable player on this team. I just don't get you guys. Cooley's injuries aren't chronic injuries. He broke his leg, which healed. He injured his knee, which has never been a problem for him in the past. Now he injures a finger and all the sudden he's injury prone? Give me a break.

How is Cooley valuable to this team anymore? He's an injury proned aging player.

Cooley doesn't have a lot of trade value but I do think he can still contribute just at a reduced rate. Leave Davis as the starter and resign him, resign Cooley to an amount that is less than what it is currently costing us.

Cooley is well liked in the lockerroom, is supposedly good on the field, is a hard worker in practice (Something Shanahan values), has a great attitude, and is an amazing ambassador for the Skins. He's been trusted enough this year to start in both a TE and a FB role, despite being out most of the Preseason with injury...again, something Shanahan isn't likely to just give to someone. He's stated he's actually been graded better this year than any other year as far as his all around game goes by the coaches, and that while he's getting less balls his way he's excelling at the various other portions of the game plan they're asking him to perform.

Cooley loves the area, loves being a skin, and I believe has even said he'd almost rather retire than play elsewhere. He's also had no issue joking about the fact he could easily be the 2nd string guy this year. I think its far, FAR more likely that we keep Cooley but Fred and Cooley essentially battle continually for the #1 and #2 spot while both being on the field most of the time when they're healthy next year. And slowly progressing to Fred #1 and Chris #2.

We get FAR more out of keeping Chris Cooley on this team than we do trading him. At best we would've got a 3rd for him, and right now likely a 5th. That's not worth it. That doesn't replace the things he does for this team in the lockerroom and on the field, both in his play and in the intangables. It would be an absolute waste to trade Cooley

I think Cooley is here for as long as he wants. Shanahan always liked hard nosed working class guys. Ed McCaffrey of the Broncos was one of Shanahan's favorites. It's not all about speed and flashiness. Someone has to do the dirty work and make blocks along with catching a pass. One of my favorites of all time was a TE named Donnie Warren. He wasn't too bad for a blocking TE and went on to retire as a Redskin.

All I can say is I hope we get a deal worked out with Davis. The way he's playing he deserves an extension during the season. Wouldn't wanna risk him testing the FA waters.

When/if we do see that in-season contract extension, I'd say we'll know alot more about Cooley's future here.

He is very talented agreed, and athletic. But makes a lot of instinctive mistakes that scare me. I question his route running, and not going up for a jump ball?

Archived