Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it fair to say this will be Cooley's last season with the Redskins?

vigilante

How do you get that from a game in which he barely played due to an injury?

And I don't think Cooley can regress since he's been a stud since he's been in the league, but it's possible he's lost a step. It's hard for me to tell how much we see on the field when he's playing is due to his knee or just getting older.

I think we need to place Chris on IR this year. Let him heal, and then based on pre-season perfomances decide what to do with him. Drafting TEs or getting a good young TE to support Fred I think should be one of our top priorities.

Cooley was always a marginal player physically that lacked prototypical "measurables" for his position-- too small to be a great blocker to slow to be a great receiver or so the scouts said.

He excelled because he was an exceptionally hard worker with uncanny football intelligence and off the charts intangibles, that gave everything he had every down he played-- in short he got the most out of the talent god gave him.

Now that age and injury have caused him to lose at least one, if not several steps, his margin for error has evaporated and his days as a productive starting TE may have sadly passed away never to be seen again.

apparently cooley had his best season last year. he has been banged up sincel training camp and hasn't gotten healthy. I think you have to either, put him on ir, or let him get healthy and give him another shot next season. I still think he has value on this team.

I said during the offseason or it was 2 offseasons ago to trade cooley for a third but some people thought that the having depth at TE was better than a 3rd round pick which is a good point of view but now im pretty sure he should be dealt his better years are behind him id be stoked for a 3rd round pick for him and a 4th would be the worst id take after that tho like i said if all u get offered is a 5th 6th or 7th then u might as well keep him

I think he'll be gone as well. He's had that knee problem for a couple years now, even though it wasn't publicized much. He's torn the same meniscus multiple times and constantly has to get it drained. I'd say his knee is worse than Rocky McIntosh's at this point.

At his age, he's probably not going to be explosive again and with the way Fred Davis is playing, the Skins don't have to wait on Cooley to get healthy. Both Davis and Cooley's contracts will be up in the next 2-3 years and someone is going to get paid. I'd stay on the younger side and pay Davis.

I know Cooley has been a fan favorite, but it might be time to move on before it gets worse.

Archived