Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's official - I am getting a Scion tC - for my birthday...or lack of it now...

zCommander

So I ran into someone that I use to work with at this dealer and asked him how much for the new 2012 tC. He works the numbers and then I say well that is over $200 more than the one I saw at Fitzgerald. Get your manager. He says he is a manager. Well that made my job a lot easier. He says he can throw in couple of accessories for free and that is it. Then he promises me he can get it for me before they can and before my birthday (on the 27th of this month) so I said go ahead and order it.

Got a call from him yesterday and he apologized that he can't get the car before my birthday and to make up for it he is going to give me all the accessories I wanted for FREE!!!! Fog lights ($340), floor mats with cargo cover ($184), wheel locks ($79), and mud guards ($109). :)

Told him I don't mind at all if I get it after my birthday now. :ols:

7115_1G3-0640.jpg

Manual 6 speed, magnetic gray metallic color

I would have asked for the supercharger.

Nice little car, I used to have one for my daily driver.

Congrats. They are fun to drive.

Thanks! Too bad they don't have a turbo model..hahahaha...But I did started thinking what else can I get him to throw in :ols:.

This is going to be my daily drive IT car. Plus, this car is for just me and I wanted a car I can walk in and pay $20K cash and that looked sporty and was made in Japan. What seal the deal for me on the new redesigned tC was that it is built on the IS 250 frame. :)

Congrats, will be a great gift for your 14th birthday.

:)

My son can't wait to be old enough to steal it from me. :silly:

good choice on the manual 6 speed

I have been driving a stick shift car since I was 18 and there is no way I am going to go automatic...especially after my wife said get an AT so I can drive it too. :ols:

I am currently driving the mini-van (after selling my Celica) and can't wait to get behind the tC so I can start shifting again. :)

Nice. My cousin owns one and when I'd car sit (he's in the Navy and would be at sea for weeks) I'd have a blast driving it.

Not to derail the thread but ever since I saw this car at the mall I MUST have it. All black with tinted windows.

2012-hyundai-veloster.jpg

Hmmmm...looks cool but doesn't have the horses of a tC but at least it is great on gas though:

"You’ll be amazed by Veloster’s 1.6L GDI engine. It’s both strong and efficient, generating 138 horsepower and delivering up to 40 Hwy MPG. That’s better highway fuel economy than the Honda CR-Z hybrid."

Hmmmm...looks cool but doesn't have the horses of a tC but at least it is great on gas though:

"You’ll be amazed by Veloster’s 1.6L GDI engine. It’s both strong and efficient, generating 138 horsepower and delivering up to 40 Hwy MPG. That’s better highway fuel economy than the Honda CR-Z hybrid."

They'll be coming out with a turbocharged version of it. I will probably seriously consider it depending on the price tag.

If your comparing these two cars MPG should be the main selling point. I dont think anyone looks at either of these looking for horsepower, or i hope not anyway

How old are your kids if your 13 years old?

:ols: I started out pretty young - my son is 13 and then I have a 9 year old and a 5 year old. :)

If your comparing these two cars MPG should be the main selling point. I dont think anyone looks at either of these looking for horsepower, or i hope not anyway

You also have to look at the torque as well. The better the torque to rpm ratio the faster it will take off... I am not buying because I will go drag racing with it. :ols: But I do like to take off quick when the light turns green. :)

I just wanted a sporty looking car made and assembled in Japan and it feels like my old 1994 Celica GT on the inside and I like the way it handles compared to the other one's I have tested.

Archived