Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Power Rankings: Redskins 10th

jeffsays

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822d312b/article/redskins-crash-top-10-49ers-make-a-splash-after-upset?module=HP11_hot_topics

Look out. This group is 3-1, with the one loss a two-point setback in Dallas. All the talk about Tim Hightower's carries, and Roy Helu's increased action, played itself out in typical Mike Shanahan fashion -- Ryan Torain gained 135 yards on 19 carries. Meanwhile, the defense gave up fewer than four yards per passing attempt to Sam Bradford. Pretty damn impressive.

Uh oh, looks like the media is paying attention.

Hopefully the team pays no attention to this.

Shouldn't happen. At Shanny's PC yesterday he went out of his way to suggest they stress staying within the context of the team. Not to let the media bashing or accolades get in their heads.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Tampa is #9 and playing in SF this weekend. We could bump up a slot without even playing. Awesome.

This is crazy. I really hope we do this this season and get some more respect from the media. I can't stand watching every team's highlights except for ours. I don't get to watch most of their games and it sucks not even getting to see them on TV.

This is crazy. I really hope we do this this season and get some more respect from the media. I can't stand watching every team's highlights except for ours. I don't get to watch most of their games and it sucks not even getting to see them on TV.

Actually, what's ticked me off for what seems like the last 20 years?

Taking care of Mom, we eat lunch every day in a restaurant that has TVs permanently tuned to ESPN (with the sound turned off.) And I've gotten so used to every so often, seeing some Redskins on the screen, and then reading the closed caption, and seeing that they're showing highlights of some other team's player, and they're showing how good that player looked against the Redskins.

Actually, what's ticked me off for what seems like the last 20 years?

Taking care of Mom, we eat lunch every day in a restaurant that has TVs permanently tuned to ESPN (with the sound turned off.) And I've gotten so used to every so often, seeing some Redskins on the screen, and then reading the closed caption, and seeing that they're showing highlights of some other team's player, and they're showing how good that player looked against the Redskins.

I know man! I've seen that TD pass to the Titans (or texans I can't remember) on the best plays of the season on the NFL channel at my gf's like 100 times. Heck he caught it by jumping straight up. HOW IS THAT SO SPECIAL. Oh I see it was against the redskins. I can't remember who let them catch it.

I watched ESPN last night to see if they would show off Torrains TD and it was never on. Nor was Banks ever talked about for a PR touchdown. Ever...

Sometimes I think they wouldn't air the Superbowl if we were in it lol

Oh geez, this should get attention....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/04/hightower-says-redskins-will-be-in-super-bowl/

Hightower says Redskins will be in Super Bowl

Well, so much for a Redskins bye week without drama.

Weeks after quarterback Rex Grossman predicted that the team will win the NFC East (something that suddenly doesn’t seem quite so crazy), running back Tim Hightower predicts that the Redskins will win the NFC, period.

Asked by the folks at CSNWashington.com if he plans to have any fun during the down time, Hightower said, “The fun will be in February when you guys are interviewing us up in Indy. That’ll be fun.”

Told that he was making a bold prediction, Hightower said, “Very bold prediction. But I’m gonna stand by it.”

Hightower was smiling, but he apparently wasn’t joking. Though it’s too early to rule anyone in the NFC out (except the Rams and the Vikings), the Redskins have beaten the Giants, Cardinals, and Rams. Though they don’t play the Packers, Lions, Bears, Saints, Bucs, or Falcons during the regular season, the Redskins don’t seem to be ready to match up with any of the NFC’s truly elite teams.

Then again, if they play any of those teams it will happen in January, at which time anything can happen in a one-game, win-or-go-home playoff format.

Then again, if they play any of those teams it will happen in January, at which time anything can happen in a one-game, win-or-go-home playoff format.

So, basically, what the author is saying is "if they make it into the playoffs, they might get lucky".

hm. At first 10 seems high but dude makes a good point about the only loss a 2pointer (didn't even mention botched hold FG), and although that's nitpicking, if the team was 4-0 they would have to be top 10. In that case, folks would be doing reverse nitpicking and calling us the luckiest 4-0 ever.

So I guess NFL.com figures the running game and defense(especially) are dangerous, and last I heard, defense wins championships.....actually why haven't I heard that quote lately? The last time a heard that was when my buddy called me a few years ago and when I answered he simply said "Haynesworth baby, defense wins championships". Hilarious considering Albert, I know, what whatever happened to that old saying? Our defense is nasty.

---------- Post added October-4th-2011 at 07:41 PM ----------

Also, so far, I don't really see what separates the Texans and Titans so much. People just want the Texans to finally succeed so badly. Hasselbeck looks great and Seattle is dumb as hell for letting him walk.

---------- Post added October-4th-2011 at 07:49 PM ----------

Funny they mention who we beat, but we're not playing GB, even though we beat them last year with a much worse team. And 'in my eyes' beat new orleans their super bowl year. (skins won the game suisam did not ;) )

If the scenario is : Redskins make the playoffs but have to get by the Packers, I would say we already have, with a 31st ranked defense. Our D this year will allow 0 blowouts, and therefore every game is winnable.

Dang here we go again lol.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but you got a problem with being optimistic about the Skins?

It's OK. All you have to to, to not set yourself up for disappointment, is to remain pessimistic. Keep predicting that failure is coming.

Maybe request an avatar change.

eytail.gif

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post, but you got a problem with being optimistic about the Skins?

It's OK. All you have to to, to not set yourself up for disappointment, is to remain pessimistic. Keep predicting that failure is coming.

Maybe request an avatar change.

eytail.gif

I don't get it... I put "Dang here we go again" and you get all that from my post? I was actually talking about the media's involvement with this team. Its usually never pretty. I'm optimistic about this team because they have made a TON of improvement in many different ways. I can easily see this happening.... My avatar is just fine lol.

Archived