Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This board really needs to get a grip right now!

Ellis Dee

I admit, I love getting on this board after a Redskins win... and I avoid it after its losses due to all the doom and gloom. But after yesterday's loss (I mean win but you wouldn't tell by looking on this site), I am seeing more, if not the worst doom and gloom about this team which is disappointing!

Here's my observations so far going into the bye week:

* If you told me we would be 3-1 going into the bye I would be ecstatic!! Good or bad Rex, whomever was QB, 3-1 for this team in a 'rebuilding' year is great. We should take it, appreciate it, embrace it, and be happy. I am a realist here and not many could have seen this coming.

No such thing as a rebuilding year. All of the players and coaches on this team are getting paid millions of dollars THIS year. Fans have paid thousands of dollars for season tickets THIS year. We expect them to play and coach like professionals each and every year and work with the talent that they have. We don't want to hear excuses of how losses are acceptable or almost losing to the worst team in the league is okay because we are in a rebuilding year. If they admit to that, please, refund all of the ticket holders their money for this year and they'll come back when a professional product is on the field and not rebuilding

It's this type of mentality that has plagued this team for years and management follows suit by not trying to 'build' a team and instead goes out and gets the high-priced free agents.

Think what you may however this team got a lot younger in the offseason. In my mind its not realistic to think they should play at a high level as soon as they step on the field. With new schemes (See new OC, DC, HC last year alone) this is rebuilding. Yes they get paid millions and they act professional but that doesn't mean the team is not rebuilding. In your statement no team is ever rebuilding at all? Riiiight!

Before anyone reads this can you please make a new thread of this for me because for some reason I can't post new threads and entitle it : I GIVE UP

I give up.

I have been a cowboys fan since i was 5 years old. I have tried so many times to stick it out with Romo sits to pee

Well Mr Clutch, Mr Meltdown, etc... does it again. As soon as he threw that first pick for six I started to get the old feeling back -- you know the one --where Tony blows the game. Of course it's a team sport so he had a lot of help. Like the offensive coordinator and head coach Jason Garrett. Why with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (with a 24 point lead) do you call sideline pass plays and why would Tony ever think he is good enough to pass into double coverage? They already had a fairly decent running game established. They should have just ran the ball down Detroits throat until they figured out a way to stop them. But no, Garrett lets good old Tony start slinging the ball around and those two pick six's brought life back into Detroit. I realize that we don't have any better options at this time than Tony but with luck someone in the Cowboys organization will start thinking about drafting a Quarterback. Romo sits to pee isn't a starting Quarterback but he would make an OK backup or third string Quarterback. Jerry Jones, it's time to start thinking about the team and not Romo sits to pee's feelings...

Im so sick of Jerry Jones defending him and Jason Garrett saying " We beleive in Tony this team beleieves in Tony" JUST STOP im DONE.

Atleast when the Eagles lost yesterday this is what Andy Reid said:

"It was terrible coaching and we played bad, it was a terrible coaching performance"

Mike Vick went on to say "It's something I need to do better I take the blame"

Romo sits to pee can't even say "I'm sorry to the fan's Im sorry for blowing this... not once.. unreal. Im DONE.

I CANT WATCH A TEAM WITH A DELUSIONAL OWNER ANYMORE.. HE IS WORSE THAN AL DAVIS

“There’s no issue about faith in Romo sits to pee in any place in this organization, period. Any place. There’s no issue regarding Tony,” Jones said. “I had all the confidence in the world on the last drive that he gives us the best chance to go down and score a touchdown. Didn’t get it done, but we have a lot of faith in Romo sits to pee.”

"As Romo sits to pee goes We go"

Well guess what? Not me.

Redskins fans can complain all they want about 5-11 season or 6-10 season the past 6 years...

Well guess what having a mediocore team and not having 1 playoff win and boched snaps in Seattle and the chokes by Romo sits to pee vs philadelphia to get in the playoffs couple years ago.. Seattle.. Minnesota... IS 10 TIMES WORSE... gives us ****ty draft picks and rips your heart out.

I'm done I'm following the Redskins now... I can't take it anymore... Just out of spite to Jerry and Tony, its going to be so hard to quit on the team I have loved for 20 years but I just can't take it.... as much as I hate doing this...

I GIVE UP The Redskins FANS are 100% right YOU WIN I GIVE UP

I have already thrown out all of my cowboys gear.. 1000's of dollars worth of stuff after the press conferences last night...

I speak on behalf of most cowboys fans... but I'm willing to give in and give in to the redskins.

Before anyone reads this can you please make a new thread of this for me because for some reason I can't post new threads and entitle it : I GIVE UP

I give up.

I have been a cowboys fan since i was 5 years old. I have tried so many times to stick it out with Romo sits to pee

Well Mr Clutch, Mr Meltdown, etc... does it again. As soon as he threw that first pick for six I started to get the old feeling back -- you know the one --where Tony blows the game. Of course it's a team sport so he had a lot of help. Like the offensive coordinator and head coach Jason Garrett. Why with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter (with a 24 point lead) do you call sideline pass plays and why would Tony ever think he is good enough to pass into double coverage? They already had a fairly decent running game established. They should have just ran the ball down Detroits throat until they figured out a way to stop them. But no, Garrett lets good old Tony start slinging the ball around and those two pick six's brought life back into Detroit. I realize that we don't have any better options at this time than Tony but with luck someone in the Cowboys organization will start thinking about drafting a Quarterback. Romo sits to pee isn't a starting Quarterback but he would make an OK backup or third string Quarterback. Jerry Jones, it's time to start thinking about the team and not Romo sits to pee's feelings...

Im so sick of Jerry Jones defending him and Jason Garrett saying " We beleive in Tony this team beleieves in Tony" JUST STOP im DONE.

"It was terrible coaching and we played bad, it was a terrible coaching performance"

Romo sits to pee can't even say "I'm sorry to the fan's Im sorry for blowing this... not once.. unreal. Im DONE.

“There’s no issue about faith in Romo sits to pee in any place in this organization, period. Any place. There’s no issue regarding Tony,” Jones said. “I had all the confidence in the world on the last drive that he gives us the best chance to go down and score a touchdown. Didn’t get it done, but we have a lot of faith in Romo sits to pee.”

Well guess what? Not me.

Redskins fans can complain all they want about 5-11 season or 6-10 season the past 6 years...

Well guess what having a mediocore team and not having 1 playoff win and boched snaps in Seattle and the chokes by Romo sits to pee vs philadelphia to get in the playoffs couple years ago.. Seattle.. Minnesota... IS 10 TIMES WORSE... gives us ****ty draft picks and rips your heart out.

I'm done I'm following the Redskins now... I can't take it anymore... Just out of spite to Jerry and Tony, its going to be so hard to quit on the team I have loved for 20 years but I just can't take it.... as much as I hate doing this...

I have already thrown out all of my cowboys gear.. 1000's of dollars worth of stuff after the press conferences last night...

I speak on behalf of most cowboys fans... but I'm willing to give in and give in to the redskins.

There's still lots of room on this bandwagon!

Re: NFL.com: Austin, Bryant better than Megatron? Cowboys' Ryan says yes

I give up.

Well guess what? Not me.

We are better than I thought we were but haven't faced a healthy contender or high powered passing attack. Still, i'm loving it HTTR

Every team we have played except St. Louis is in the top half of the NFL in passing. Dallas is #5 in passing yardage. Every team we have played has had their season low in yardage against us. People are going out of their way to downplay what we have done but it's time to give credit where it is due. We are a good football team. We have some area's of concern especially at the most important position, QB. But we are starting to see what this coaching staff is putting together. We aren't fooling people or sneaking up on them. We aren't winning with gimmicks. We are a solid team with depth. And unlike under the previous regime our young players are learning and getting better in a good system. We don't have the best individual talent at every position but our guys play well as units and if we lose a guy we aren't sunk. We may not make the playoffs this year but we are going to be good for years to come. It's happening people.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 04:06 PM ----------

No such thing as a rebuilding year. All of the players and coaches on this team are getting paid millions of dollars THIS year. Fans have paid thousands of dollars for season tickets THIS year. We expect them to play and coach like professionals each and every year and work with the talent that they have. We don't want to hear excuses of how losses are acceptable or almost losing to the worst team in the league is okay because we are in a rebuilding year. If they admit to that, please, refund all of the ticket holders their money for this year and they'll come back when a professional product is on the field and not rebuilding

And you don't think a 3-1 start is worth the money we spend? Really?

I think that some here are either forgetting, not considering or just plain don't realize that Anthony Armstrong has been out and how much he means to Grossman and the offense. We have all seen how Armstrong can stretch the field by beating defenders with his speed. (Moss has even admitted that he is faster than him). I don't know about you but I've noticed that we don't take shots down field hardly at all anymore. IMO losing Armstrong has made a huge difference in how our offense operates.

I've been screaming at Grossman for the past couple of weeks like I'm sure many here have been. But, I'm going to wait and see how he does with all of our pieces in place first before I start calling for his head.

Not picking on your post specifically D man, just running with it as I HATE that. 'A win is a win.'

When a win is a win achieved in the manner of yesterday, totally dominating arguably the worst team in pro football; yet putting up a mere 17 points to show for it; and hobbling over the line by a one score victory in a game the Rams had 3 stone wall TD's chalked off through receiver drops, in a game they should NEVER of been in; a 'win is a win' is a false statement when you analyse the way it came about. The fears from the Cardinals game, another 'win is a win' game we dominated and so very nearly threw away, became more than just a concern again yesterday.

We dominate the Eagles next time out to such an extent, and fail to put them away; we might not get so lucky with the final result.

Hail.

What makes you think we are better than the rams? Are we that much more talented? Or are you basing this off of our superior performance? So if we were a bad team it would be ok to win by seven? Since when are we a good enough team to not simply be happy with a win? We think were better than we are and this attitude has plagued us over the years.

What makes you think we are better than the rams? Are we that much more talented? Or are you basing this off of our superior performance? So if we were a bad team it would be ok to win by seven? Since when are we a good enough team to not simply be happy with a win? We think were better than we are and this attitude has plagued us over the years.

Having watched the full 60 minutes of the last two Rams outings, I have little doubt their the worst team in football right now. So I expected a dominant performance going in based on the previous Rams game against Baltimore when they looked like a bad HS outfit; and our own improved performances to date.

There's nothing wrong in winning a game by a single point, let alone 7. But when you dominate a game to such an extent, against such a poor team; and you end up limping over the line in a race the opposition had no right to be in; the overall picture becomes far more than just "well, at lest we pulled it out. A win's a win." Particularly when that's becoming a trend.

It's not so much not being happy with a win, or thinking we're better than what we are. I both am, and I'm under no illusions as to just where this team is at in it's progression.

It's more looking at the bigger picture as I perceive it when it comes to the "a wins a win" thing. And the overall picture of the game tells a far more telling story than merely that.

And that was a very convoluted explanation of my earlier post. But I'm tired and not rewriting so an apology for boring y'all will have to do. :silly:

Hail.

Archived