Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Discussion: What if Obama pulls a Johnson & not run: How would the Democratic race shape up?

88Comrade2000

heheh. Dick Morris is not a reliable source on anything, and hasn't been one for at least ten years. DIck Morris speaking on the Sean Hannity show is even less reliable.

It's still an interesting subject to talk about, of course.

I think so too, but you don't think her ego would prevent her?

I'm sure there are a few governors that would crawl out of the woodwork, even former ones like Rendell.

Pelosi doesn't seem to have that kind of ego. She's been involved in high-level Democratic politics since the 70s and has never shown any kind of desire to serve anywhere but the House. She's sort of like Gerald Ford in that way- he always said that his greatest political aspiration was to be Speaker and nothing more. He was thrown into the White House more or less against his will. I also think Pelosi is smart enough to know that a 72-year-old woman from San Francisco is not exactly the kind of person who wins national elections.

(I'm not saying she doesn't have an ego. But her ego is very specifically aimed at the realm she excels in - the House. There is a long tradition in America of devoted House members).

I think Hillary would run and win; it would probably highly energize the base, too.

---------- Post added September-30th-2011 at 04:16 PM ----------

heheh. Dick Morris is not a reliable source on anything, and hasn't been one for at least ten years. DIck Morris speaking on the Sean Hannity show is even less reliable.

It's still an interesting subject to talk about, of course.

Morris is a absurd sort of character, and creepy to boot, too.

Archived