Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Cheap dates: How the ‘price’ of sex has dropped to record lows

China

What is your definition of slut?

Don't have a definition for you. I don't consider a girl (or a guy) who simply likes to have casual sex without a relationship a "slut".

I don't really have a problem with the word itself because people do have different moral views on sex. But I hope you extend the same gratitude towards guys as well.

Don't have a definition for you. I don't consider a girl (or a guy) who simply likes to have casual sex without a relationship a "slut".

I don't really have a problem with the word itself because people do have different moral views on sex. But I hope you extend the same gratitude towards guys as well.

So, you don't think people who have lots of casual sex are sluts or you don't have a problem with people being sluts? It sounds more like you're fine with the definition, but you aren't OK with the negative connotation.

So, you don't think people who have lots of casual sex are sluts or you don't have a problem with people being sluts? It sounds more like you're fine with the definition, but you aren't OK with the negative connotation.

Personally, I just find it pointless to associate a negative connotation to an act that is simply restricted to the participating parties. I'm OK with the negative connotation and if people chose to define casual sex as a slutty act.. Like I said, different moral views which is fine with me. I just hope people extend it to both genders if they choose to look at it this way, and in my experience, it doesn't always go this way.

Personally, I just find it pointless to associate a negative connotation to an act that is simply restricted to the participating parties. I'm OK with the negative connotation and if people chose to define casual sex as a slutty act.. Like I said, different moral views which is fine with me. I just hope people extend it to both genders if they choose to look at it this way, and in my experience, it doesn't always go this way.

Right...that's fair. I guess I just look at it like this...

Someone came up with the word "slut" at some point. By definition, it means what it means. It's the negativity surrounding that definition that you have an issue with, not the definition itself.

Right...that's fair. I guess I just look at it like this...

Someone came up with the word "slut" at some point. By definition, it means what it means. It's the negativity surrounding that definition that you have an issue with, not the definition itself.

Yeah but my issue with the word is on a purely personal level and I see why others might feel differently.

The issue I have on a non personal level is when the definition seems to fit to only one gender.

Archived