Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI MMQB Peter King gives some Grossman love

Destructis

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/09/11/week.1/3.html

Peter King actually gave Rex some love. He was listed as one of the Offensive players of the week.

[Rex Grossman, QB, Washington. The under-the-radar, terminally underappreciated Grossman -- rightfully so -- managed the game perfectly for the Redskins in a 28-14 win over the Giants. He completed 21 of 34 for 305 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions and a 110.5 passer rating. There's a reason father and son Shanahan picked Grossman over John Beck, because they loved Beck. And it's because Grossman had such a good summer. He continued that Sunday.[/left]

And he gave Kerrigan one of the defensive players of the week.

Ryan Kerrigan, OLB, Washington. Good game, rook. And great point by NBC's Alex Flanagan, who said Kerrigan never scored in his starry career at Purdue, but he did get an interception and touchdown in his first pro game. Early in the third quarter of a 14-14 game, Kerrigan evaded a lunging cut block by Giants right tackle Kareem McKenzie, leaped and intercepted an Eli Manning pass. He returned it nine yards for the decisive touchdown in a 28-14 Washington win.

Rex Grossman, QB, Washington. The under-the-radar, terminally underappreciated Grossman -- rightfully so -- managed the game perfectly for the Redskins in a 28-14 win over the Giants. He completed 21 of 34 for 305 yards, with two touchdowns and no interceptions and a 110.5 passer rating. There's a reason father and son Shanahan picked Grossman over John Beck, because they loved Beck. And it's because Grossman had such a good summer. He continued that Sunday.

Eff you King. Even in trying to praise he insults. First of all the word "Underappreciated" means that he isn't appreciated enough. You can't say he's rightfully underappreciated. You can say he's rightfully maligned if you'd like. Secondly, Rex didn't simply manage the game. He made big plays. He made several huge throws that were both aggressive and perfectly thrown.

Rex didn't manage the game perfectly at all.

That was not a game manager performance. That was a game winning performance. We don't win that game but for Rex making plays, taking shots and playing great. True, early on he was high and needed two great catches to help him along, but once he got going, he stopped managing things and started winning them.

Thank you Art

Saying Rex was nothing more then a game manager like Peter Queen said to me is disrespectful to him

And I'd expect nothing short of that from all of the media douchebags who never watch a single preseason game

And only judge teams by what they see at QB....3 wins, 4 wins predictions are all bullspit

If we continue winning doesn't any one really expect those douches to give us there apologies

Or do you expect more lame excuses from all of them because they were wrong on how we were "lucky" or better the other teams were "unlucky"?

Athletes are allowed egos in my book

Sorry ass writers who never played the game who think they know things they don't who complain are not

Losing teams don't give up a day off of work after the best win in a very long time like we see today

That's the mark of a champion

Rex didn't manage the game perfectly at all.

That was not a game manager performance. That was a game winning performance. We don't win that game but for Rex making plays, taking shots and playing great. True, early on he was high and needed two great catches to help him along, but once he got going, he stopped managing things and started winning them.

I agree. There were more than a handful of plays where a first down was available but he gunned it. That said, I'm extremely happy with how it turned out and I'm not questioning anything.

Also, on the point of Kerrigan, I am happy with his performance in his first game but I'd like to see him work on his pass rush. There were a few times there where he ran himself completely out of the play voluntarily. Of course, that sort of thing will come with more practice and game experience I suppose.

Archived