Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Anyone Way Too Excited for this Game?

WSHRedskins3ATLBraves3

I am very excited.

I accepted the fact last year that we wouldn't be any good for at least 3 years into the Shanny era.. and I still think that. I think this year our play on the field will be much better than last year.. I just don't think it will translate into more wins just yet. We need a real QB and until we have that, the best we can really be is tough competition.. not a real threat for much tho. I am still anxious to see how our players respond this year~!

Homer Simpson says "If you dont expect too much your never too disappointed" but this year i am very excited about this season, i am expecting a huge improvement on the last couple of seasons, we have better players who are playing in the programme they are use to playing in we have a running back who is very good and we have a couple of QB's that i am confident in our O line appears to be jelling nicely, and the D players are who we need to play the system we now have and of course we have an aussie on the roster and that makes all the difference OI OI OI, in the past i have been an advocate of Homers saying but this year i am not

GO SKINS...YOU GOOD THING

HTTR

No. I am strangely un-excited. The Giants have owned us forever (it seems).. We will be tailgating ASAP (Noon or whenever the gates open), but I am not hyped. I am NOT looking forward to the NFL-over hype of 9/11. It seems too callous, too orchestrated. Football is escapism. It is NOT patriotism. We should not wallow in the sad events 10 years ago. Instead we should make the terrorists weep every day. THAT is the best remembrance.

Giant fans and the media trumpet all of their injuries, but we are missing at least 2 defensive starters (Landry and Jenkins) and 1 offensive starter (Cooley). And we cannot afford to miss any starters. We are too thin; Giants have depth.

I expect Giants winning 10 out of last 11. And it will be a long ride home Sunday night to Roanoke!

Wish we were @ 1 and not 4

Tell me about it

---------- Post added September-9th-2011 at 11:10 PM ----------

you can if you have the wrong expectations

:cheers:

You don't have to be an elite team with playoff or SB expectations to be excited. You obviously believe that we shouldn't even play the game.

Yeah I'm wayyyy too excited. My fiancé keeps getting annoyed because she'll be telling me about her day and I'll stop her for football breaks to talk about the skins.

She made me very proud last night though, I caught her explaining to a group of people that she understood that Sundays were all about football, but the important thing to understand is that the rest of the week is about getting ready for Sunday. I was so proud :)

Archived