Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Planetside 2 (PC Game)

Destino

http://www.planetside2.com/

Somehow this trailer was released and I didn't notice it in July. If you didn't play planetside early on and you like shooters... you really missed something special. No game since has been able to duplicate the scale of having 3 squads supported by armored and air units waiting outside bases for the infiltrators to take out generators. Hitting multiple bases at a time while advanced teams took out disrupted the enemies ability to reinforce.

Just getting the communication straight was a process because having everyone on a channel was a no go.

I played planet side heavily when it was first released, loved it.

I had no idea there was a new planet side in the works. One of the first true mmofps and really did a great job at it. Heard that SOE ended up ruining it just like everquest. Any word if the new one is under Sony as well?

I remember skipping school so many days to play PS, memories..

I played planet side heavily when it was first released, loved it.

I had no idea there was a new planet side in the works. One of the first true mmofps and really did a great job at it. Heard that SOE ended up ruining it just like everquest. Any word if the new one is under Sony as well?

I remember skipping school so many days to play PS, memories..

It's SOE again but I'm hoping they learned their lesson (they didn't). So play it at release again until they kill it. I hope I can still eject people out of the troop transports while over the ocean... I loved that. :)

• 1 year later...

The game came out yesterday. It seems to be highly acclaimed

Gave it a run earlier today and it seems alright, although someone like me who did no research whatsoever, and just charged into the game after install...I had no idea what I was doing. It seems alright, but there are still a bit of bugs that have to be worked out. It's free to play, so everyone can join in

I am on Mattherson US East

username ixcuincle

This game is awesome with a squad of people you are familiar with. Just epic warfare. I'm on a western server but would love to join up with some people. Nothing like 100 v 100 PvP with Planes and Tanks and gun fire EVERYWHERE! Plus I'm a huge fan of the JetPack jump (Have a boost to your jump for like 5 seconds that recharges over time). It def is intimadating at first because you litterally spawn in with no tutorial, but give it some time and it's great.

Monday was the first day where I fully embraced the game and understood how to play. The key is getting where the action is through re-deployment. Sometimes, like today, a ton of us will just try to charge through the doors and become victim to frag grenades :ols: It was impossible to take that point, but we kept trying and dying.

I also maxed out everything to Ultra today and it's amazing. Some people have complained about FPS issues, but if you have a good computer, for the most part, you should be fine.

Is it better than Black Ops 2 and Battlefield 3? Im confused, is the game free to download and then you have a $15 monthly subscription fee to play?

The game is like Battlefield 3 on crack. You can pay 15 bucks a month or spend money, but EVERYTHING is available through unlock. There is no pay to win. You can buy a bigger gun that are more powerful, but it's slow as hell with low ammo. Or you can buy the super fast gun with low power. It's balanced great. The only thing i buy is the XP packs for 5 bucks to unlock the good stuff faster. Plus it's completely free and on steam. No reason to not try it out. I'd def rec. watching the tutorials though or else you are just thrown into a huge world of Deathmatch lol.

So the actual game is free, no $59 purchase to download like BO2, BF3, etc.....I am downloading now. And I can play for free and unlock the weapons/gear/etc just by leveling up XP without paying for the premium membership. But if I choose to pay monthly ($15/month) or any of those payment plans, I get faster XP and station cash to go ahead and unlock faster or buy the guns and not have to wait for them to unlock?

Or I can purchase guns/XP packs/etc through the store as well without paying for the membership?

So basically its the following options:

1. pay nothing monthly or purchase through store and level/gain regular XP and eventually I will unlock everything - just slower

2. pay no monthly fee but purchase XP packs/weapons/etc. as I feel the need to through the store - level faster than paying nothing

3. set-up a premium subscription (pay monthly, 3 months, etc.) and get a larger XP gain rate plus station cash to purchase weapons/etc. - fastest way to level and gain unlocks

Me in game

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 02:07 PM ----------

You don't have to pay anything, but you will level up faster if you pay 15 bucks a month. You can also buy certs to improve weapons.

Personally, I am doing fine without paying anything. I am rank 10. Already people are rank 30 or 20

It can get a little laggy sometimes, especially when a lot of people are on at night, but I don't really notice anything big.

I would just go with Combat Medic, as you see I pretty much stick that healing gun out and heal everyone I can. I haven't really tried the other classes yet

I played the original PS a while back and it was great. Every session was a new adventure. I cannot play PS2 because I have an old computer and a (relatively) new family :)

Sometimes I wish there was another me in an alternative universe. This other me has a very powerful computer and plenty of time. He does not concern himself with real world things because the original me is taking care of all that. His life is totally dedicated to, and has an explicit purpose of, having awesome online adventures. Together we can enjoy both virtual and real worlds to the fullest.

It can get a little laggy sometimes, especially when a lot of people are on at night, but I don't really notice anything big.

I would just go with Combat Medic, as you see I pretty much stick that healing gun out and heal everyone I can. I haven't really tried the other classes yet

What faction did you go? I signed up a few days ago on the same server as you but haven't had much time to sit down and figure out the best settings for graphics. Not a great gaming system at all (integrated graphics,etc). Fine when I'm running around lost by myself but one you get into some action it gets pretty choppy for me. That was on medium settings last time I played.

Player name is Vistasix as new conglomerate but I have maybe 1/2 hour invested in it so I can switch.

I am on Vanu.

The game is fun as long as you can find combat, I can be on one continent, come back a few hours later, and no one is fighting there at all, so I have to switch to another continent (there are 3 of them)

Yup you nailed it earlier though, re deploy is mandatory at times.

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

So the actual game is free, no $59 purchase to download like BO2, BF3, etc.....I am downloading now. And I can play for free and unlock the weapons/gear/etc just by leveling up XP without paying for the premium membership. But if I choose to pay monthly ($15/month) or any of those payment plans, I get faster XP and station cash to go ahead and unlock faster or buy the guns and not have to wait for them to unlock?

Or I can purchase guns/XP packs/etc through the store as well without paying for the membership?

So basically its the following options:

1. pay nothing monthly or purchase through store and level/gain regular XP and eventually I will unlock everything - just slower

2. pay no monthly fee but purchase XP packs/weapons/etc. as I feel the need to through the store - level faster than paying nothing

3. set-up a premium subscription (pay monthly, 3 months, etc.) and get a larger XP gain rate plus station cash to purchase weapons/etc. - fastest way to level and gain unlocks

Yup pretty much. You can unlock everything and not pay a dime and download the game free legitly off their site or with steam. I also get no lag really with a 560ti on ultra.

Yup you nailed it earlier though, re deploy is mandatory at times.

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

Yup pretty much. You can unlock everything and not pay a dime and download the game free legitly off their site or with steam. I also get no lag really with a 560ti on ultra.

Thats good to know, cause Im running with the same vid card, 8 gig of RAM and a quad core processer. I probably wont run Ultra cause I like my FPS to be as high as possible.

---------- Post added November-29th-2012 at 03:16 PM ----------

I am on Vanu.

The game is fun as long as you can find combat, I can be on one continent, come back a few hours later, and no one is fighting there at all, so I have to switch to another continent (there are 3 of them)

I just joined your server and faction. DontTazeMeBro was taken, so I'm "DontTazeMeBroski"

Ok, its making me assualt, how do I play as a combat medic? It pretty much said pick a faction, server, then name and it dropped me out of the ship to the ground. LOL

Archived