Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BleacherReport.com: 2011 NFL Predictions: Dallas Cowboys Will Name New Starting QB by Season's End

tr1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/807443-nfl-preseason-schedule-latest-news-rumors-and-predictions-for-week-2/entry/116917-2011-nfl-predictions-dallas-cowboys-will-name-new-starting-qb-by-seasons-end

There are only so many chances you can get to be the Dallas Cowboys' starting quarterback. And Tony Romo sits to pee is running out of chances.

The Cowboys enter this season with a new head coach, new mentality but same old quarterback.

In five seasons as the Cowboys' starter Romo sits to pee has put up great offensive numbers but has won only one of four playoff games.

Romo sits to pee's inconsistency at crucial moments has been big a big problem for this ball club and he's officially out of excuses with the Cowboys rid of players like Terrell Owens, Roy Williams and Marion Barber.

On the outside Romo sits to pee will have Dez Bryant and Miles Austin, two big play receivers that can certainly make any quarterback look good.

He has his best friend, Jason Witten, playing tight end and his backfield has three young, dynamic running backs with different playing styles.

Rookie DeMarco Murray has the potential to line up anywhere on offense while "Uncle" Felix Jones averages over five yards per carry for his career. Fourth-year man Tashard Choice can pound it between the tackles and the Cowboys have a legitimate threat at running back for any type of offensive formation.

The Cowboys went out of there way to re-sign Doug Free at left tackle and Romo sits to pee's former offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett, is now his head coach after Romo sits to pee missed his debut last season with an injury.

Winning is everything in Big D, and the Romo sits to pee-led Cowboys have not done nearly enough of it in recent seasons. In fact, its been well over a decade since the Cowboys won multiple postseason games.

Third-year quarterback Stephen McGee has been rather impressive in his limited action with the Cowboys and actually started a game last season that the Cowboys won.

I'm not pegging McGee as their next starter, but he's definitely an option.

Romo sits to pee has been anything but a model franchise quarterback. He's often put himself first with things like a vacation before a playoff game, highly-publicized relationships with celebrities and he has never been a true clutch performer.

This will be his sixth season as the Cowboys' starter, and at 31-years old his boyish charm and unorthodox ways are getting old. If he were winning it wouldn't matter, but Romo sits to pee has been everything but a winner so far in Dallas.

Numbers are nice, they help you win, but leading a team to postseason success is a completely different ball game.

If Tony Romo sits to pee doesn't take a step forward this year, prove to be consistent and win on a regular basis, it will be his last in Big D.

It may not be McGee, but you can be sure Jerry Jones knows there is a fresh quarterback class set to hit the draft next year. With a rookie wage scale imposed there is no reason to believe Tony Romo sits to pee's job is safe without a playoff win or two.

If his previous postseasons are any indication, his chances aren't too good.

---------- Post added August-16th-2011 at 08:29 PM ----------

Not much to add, except the hype about the folks around Romo sits to pee...especially the oft injured, immature Dez.

Romo sits to pee's inconsistency at crucial moments has been big a big problem for this ball club and he's officially out of excuses with the Cowboys rid of players like Terrell Owens, Roy Williams and Marion Barber.

Just wondering but why would they lump Barber in with TO and RW? Other than dancing for average plays I didn't realize he was a problem in the lockerroom.

There are only a handful of quarterback better than Romo sits to pee, and none of them are available. This guy and many other don't give Romo sits to pee credit for being as good as he is. Jerry remembers the days of Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, and Vinnie Testaverde to risk dumping Romo sits to pee.

There are only a handful of quarterback better than Romo sits to pee, and none of them are available. This guy and many other don't give Romo sits to pee credit for being as good as he is. Jerry remembers the days of Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, and Vinnie Testaverde to risk dumping Romo sits to pee.
You sure only a handful? Off the top of my head, demonstrably and indisputably better than Romo sits to pee:

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

Mike Vick

Eli Manning (seriously, would Romo sits to pee have made the same SB run? Or is near as good today?)

Matt Ryan

Ben Rothlisberger

Josh Freeman

Drew Brees

and...

Jon Kitna :ols:

I put Romo sits to pee behind Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers and Roethlisberger. He's in the same class with guys like Schaub, Freeman, Ryan, Manning, and Vick.

If he throws for 4,000+ yards and 30+ TDs this year, his job is safe. The starting WRs are talented, but they have no apparent replacements on the roster if Austin or Bryant miss games this year. Felix will be the feature back, but we haven't seen Murray in so much as a walk-through, and from what I'm hearing out of Valley Ranch, there's no guarantee Choice will even make the opening day roster. Its nice to have John Phillips back, I think the Cowboys are really happy with their TE starter and depth. There's one spot on the OL that is completely up in the air, but again, I think they're happy with 4/5ths of the starters, but the depth is potentially a problem.

If the Cowboys win less than 8 games this year, I suspect it will be because the defense is giving up 30+ ppg again. It would be pretty stupid to bench/cut Romo sits to pee for that.

These Bleacher Report articles are so stupid... they are not based on fact.. it is basically an opinion piece by some random person on the internet...

serious why do people post these reports like as if they are legit on the board... they are not better than any of the random comments made on a certain topic from a fellow ESer...

---------- Post added August-17th-2011 at 02:43 PM ----------

tony-romo-crying-jan607.jpg

Not that I disagree with you, Bleacher is just a Wiki for sports, written without editing for fact and really just fan opinion.

no it is by far worse than Wiki... its just an another fan "homerized" message board....

Kitna is clearly better than Romo sits to pee.

---------- Post added August-17th-2011 at 06:27 PM ----------

serious why do people post these reports like as if they are legit on the board... they are not better than any of the random comments made on a certain topic from a fellow ESer...

I believe the article was posted within the rules.

As for you distinguishing articles such as this to those written by 'professional' writers, I'd have to say the only difference is one is getting paid to write the same drivel.

Agreed.....but in this case, the author of this "article" is so far off that it's funny......
A "Wiki" is a website where anyone can contribute.

Thanks Hitman, I think you get it. And Doncherry for as big a homer as he is, is right her. There is nothing to verify that this is even being considered.

Kitna is clearly better than Romo sits to pee.

Clearly? Really? In what way? Not completion rate, not TD:INT ratio, not YPA, not in fact in any way did he perform better as a QB. Dallas as a TEAM performed better once Garrett took over, but Kitna was worse than Romo sits to pee under Wade. Also if you break down the pass distribution, Kitna predominantly threw more to the backs and TEs than Romo sits to pee did, but when it comes to pushing the ball down field to the WRs, Kitna just wasn't getting it done.

If you truly believe this, it's proof that you either didn't watch the Cowboys last year, or are just absolutely ignorant. Kitna played well, but he's never been as good as Romo sits to pee.

I know one of my customers at work today said that Romo sits to pee better **** or get off the pot. Says he's tired of him not taking the team anywhere. Feels like they should have won more playoff games by now with a better QB.

Considering the OL I don't think Romo sits to pee will have time to sit on the Pot.

You sure only a handful? Off the top of my head, demonstrably and indisputably better than Romo sits to pee:

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Peyton Manning

Phillip Rivers

Mike Vick

Eli Manning (seriously, would Romo sits to pee have made the same SB run? Or is near as good today?)

Matt Ryan

Ben Rothlisberger

Josh Freeman

Drew Brees

and...

Jon Kitna :ols:

Josh Freeman is definetely not "indisputably" better than Romo sits to pee; he has the potential to be, but his #s are nowhere near Romo sits to pee's and he hasn't made the playoffs yet.

I've never understood why Matt Ryan gets so much praise. The ground game has been the strength of that offense since he was drafted. Even last year, which was easily his best year, his ypa was well under 7. He's won less playoff games than Romo sits to pee has.

Good list otherwise.

Josh Freeman is definetely not "indisputably" better than Romo sits to pee; he has the potential to be, but his #s are nowhere near Romo sits to pee's and he hasn't made the playoffs yet.

I've never understood why Matt Ryan gets so much praise. The ground game has been the strength of that offense since he was drafted. Even last year, which was easily his best year, his ypa was well under 7. He's won less playoff games than Romo sits to pee has.

Good list otherwise.

Eli and Ryan are the ones I take issue with. The only time Eli was a better than average QB was those 4 games. People tend for forget that Eli turned the ball over more than any other player that year.

Archived