Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beating the Dallas Cowboys

WiredTerrier

Do any of you guys think we can beatthe Dallas Cowboys this year. I can't remember the last time we beat those dirty dogs.<br /><br />I think I was in third grade back then but I'm not sure. My memory isn't what it used to be.<br /><br />What's going to happen if the Cowboys ever get good ? Geez I hate to think about that.<br /> <br /> <small>[ March 28, 2002, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: WiredTerrier ]</small>

Good post, WT, and welcome to the board.<br /><br /> Can we beat 'em? Yes. Will we beat 'em? I don't know. It seems that no matter what amount of turnover we have, the one constant is that our guys choke when they see the Silver Star. I absolutely hate it. Maybe Spurrier can spark something in these guys.<br /><br /> Two seasons ago I bought tickets to the Skins game in Dallas and made the drive out there (not an inconsiderable little jaunt, by the way). I'm glad to say that I've actually attended a Redskin-Cowboy game, but it was horrible. It was the game where Jeff George was dragged on the field by one of the Dallas defensive players (Ekuban?).<br /><br /> One thing I noticed from kickoff was that the entire Cowboys team stood by the sidelines, cheering their mates. Our players sat on the bench, hands folded politely in their laps for the whole game. Very strange. It may be that we just lack chemistry. <br /><br /> I sure hope we can beat 'em this year. It's pretty hard to get into a smackfest with Dallas fans when they own us and we know it.<br /> <br /> <small>[ March 28, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: TennesseeCarl ]</small>

Welcome to the board. Well put my fellow Tennesseean. You see Wired, that's what we have to put up with here in the south. The Dall-*** Cowgirls and Nashville Tacklin Faggots fans run rampant down here , and it's about time for some payback this year. Myself and Carl will be attending the NTF game....and hopefully we can forget about the Monday Night buttwhoopin we took from them.<br /><br />HAIL TO THE REDSKINS<br />HAIL VICTORY

forget all the rivalry stuff, it comes down to this sad fact based on the numbers alone:<br /><br />if the Redskins had taken care of business against Dallas the past few years the team would have made the playoffs at 10-6 in both 2000 and 2001 and would have gotten homefield advantage for their second round playoff game against the Bucs at 12-4 in 1999.<br /><br />that is the real motivation to beat ANY team that finishes below you in the standings year after year.<br /><br />in fact the Cowboys have not had a better record than the Redskins since 1998 and yet have won both games between the teams each season.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WiredTerrier:<br /><strong>Do any of you guys think we can beatthe Dallas Cowboys this year. I can't remember the last time we beat those dirty dogs.<br /><br />I think I was in third grade back then but I'm not sure. My memory isn't what it used to be.<br /><br />What's going to happen if the Cowboys ever get good ? Geez I hate to think about that.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey WRZ. Whats up? I like the little scam your pulling here.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NavyDave:<br /><strong>I'm expecting a split this year due to both teams improvin defensively but the skins being more creative offensively.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good luckthis year. As usual us Dallas fans will pencil in at least 2 wins this season. I am just curious whom you guys will field at the QB position.

Man these Dallas losses left a bad taste in my mouth! If Davis doesn't fumble last year, or if Stevens didn't bite in OT three years ago......GEEEEZ!<br /><br />Here is the box score of the last time we beat the Cowboys(1997)..............<br /><br /><a href="http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/1997-07-dal-was" target="_blank">http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/1997-07-dal-was</a><br /><br />Seems distant. And Scott Blanton was our kicker.....GEEEEEEEEEEZ!!!<br /> <br /> <small>[ March 28, 2002, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: FunBunch2FunNGun ]</small>

Until the Redskins find a defensive tackle who can handle Larry Allen they are going to have trouble beating the Cowboys. Every year Smith, or even his backup, runs behind Allen for four or five yards a pop and the skins lose. <br /><br />I am hopeful that we finally have a defensive coordinator who can handle the situation and I intend to be there this season to see it handled.

we need to pop q. carter in the mouth from the get go. i would prefer if that pop came from lavar. carter has potential but he will be learning for the next few years and we need to confuse him and pressure him as often as possible. in order to do that, we need to stop emmitt. without a running game, the boys are dead, although i notice that champ seems to have his most difficulty with rocket, especially on comeback routes. <br />but, all that said, i don't feel anymore confident this year that we'll be them than i have in the past, even with all of spurrier's yapping

The only way you guys beat the Cowboys is to stop the run. Either that or a total breakdown on the Boys part. Larry and Emmitt rule this rivalry now.<br /><br />I could invision a split this year. That would really fire things up.

Archived