Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rick "Doc" Walker - OL Sean Locklear signs with Redskins

c4man5282

Russellmania980 Chris Russell

Per @RickDocWalker -- The #Redskins have agreed to a contract with OL Sean Locklear formerly of Seattle.

Sean Locklear #75 G

Seattle Seahawks | Official Team Site

Height: 6-4 Weight: 310 Age: 30

Born: 5/29/1981 Lumberton , NC

College: North Carolina State

Experience: 8th season

High School: Lumberton HS [NC]

Being that he is an OG that can probably play OT. I'm going to say Hicks. Heard he's been struggling at camp this year.

Redskins writers were saying that Hicks is one that has been holding his own and looks to be a lock with his versatility.... this is why camp sucks and we need to be there with our own eyes

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2667/sean-locklear

Locklear's market may have been so slow to develop because he's a right-tackle only, and NFL teams look for versatility first and foremost in backup linemen. He's a nice value pickup for Washington, though. Still only 30 years old, Locklear graded out as the league's best pass-blocking right tackle last season according to Pro Football Focus. He struggled as a run blocker, however, and hasn't played a full 16 games since the 2007 campaign.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2667/sean-locklear

Locklear's market may have been so slow to develop because he's a right-tackle only, and NFL teams look for versatility first and foremost in backup linemen. He's a nice value pickup for Washington, though. Still only 30 years old, Locklear graded out as the league's best pass-blocking right tackle last season according to Pro Football Focus. He struggled as a run blocker, however, and hasn't played a full 16 games since the 2007 campaign.

nfldraftscout had him rated #4 out of 87 OG's in the 2004 draft too.

evansilva Evan Silva

New #Redskins OT Sean Locklear was the NFL's best pass-blocking right tackle last year per @ProFootbalFocus ratings. http://bit.ly/oYMTMa

That' s really encouraging to read. I think instead of finding a swing tackle, they'll move Jamaal Brown to LT if Trent has an injury and Sean will slide into the RT spot,

Can anyone clarify if he's a guard or tackle or if he has position versatility? Rotoworld indicated he was a tackle but on NFL.com he's listed as a guard.

Can anyone clarify if he's a guard or tackle or if he has position versatility? Rotoworld indicated he was a tackle but on NFL.com he's listed as a guard.

I'm pretty sure he played both positions for Seattle.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 05:07 PM ----------

I don't see Erik Cook staying on the team from what i've read

Cook and Oldenburg do seem like goners

1. ProFootballFocus is awful, and rated Haynesworth the 3rd best DT over the last two years.

2. I think Locklear is 88 on the roster because the guys on PUP don't count.

3. He's already 30 yrs. old. He's in trouble to make this roster.

1. ProFootballFocus is awful, and rated Haynesworth the 3rd best DT over the last two years.

2. I think Locklear is 88 on the roster because the guys on PUP don't count.

3. He's already 30 yrs. old. He's in trouble to make this roster.

PFF is probably one of the best places in terms of rankings and all either them or Football Outsiders. Yes he's 88 because of the PUP guys and yes he's 30 years old but that doesn't mean that he more than likely does make the roster as the back up RT/ swing tackle

Archived