Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rick "Doc" Walker - OL Sean Locklear signs with Redskins

c4man5282

Being that he is an OG that can probably play OT. I'm going to say Hicks. Heard he's been struggling at camp this year.

Couldn't be anymore wrong. He is an OT that prefers to play RT, can play guard but prefers not to.

Paulsen said the other day that Hicks looks good so far. They wouldn't cut him anyways he is the first interior lineman off the bench.

Good signing. I hope the 'Skins continue to add depth at the OL. It is essential to their success.

HTTR

I have felt that way for 4 years.... I am with you 100 %. The season is long and we really need to be stronger at the line than we have been the past few years...:dallasuck

LOVE this signing. We need more bodies and more competition along the offensive line. Plus outside of Artis Hicks we have NO experience in any of the backup positions.

In case anyone's forgotten the Redskins ranked 30th in rushing last year and gave up 46 sacks, fifth highest in the NFL.

So thank you Bruce Allen. Now go get another one. :-)

I'm assuming this is a one year deal. Thus, I have no worries about his age. He's here to be a back-up for this year and maybe the next couple. As others have said, he's an upgrade over Heyer and what we have. Next year, after we draft a qb, I expect us to draft a right tackle who can bookend with Williams once Brown is done.

Dude is 30... People need to get over the 30 is "too old" b.s. The Skins were signing 30-somethings to lengthy deals with huge signing bonuses during the Vinny Days. The team is adding a few 30 and 31 year old pieces to this puzzle and a few of us are freaking out. As long as its OL, not RB and as long as Bruce keeps the contracts modest I have no problem signing a 30 year old. This is the first time I will be watching my team with the vast majority of the players younger than me by several years. We went from the oldest team in the league last year to likely the youngest in ONE off season. When Fletcher retires in a couple years a 32-year old OJ and Jammal Brown will be our oldest players. I am okay with that. (Forgot about Santana, but you get my point).

Archived