Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

STB21 Training Camp Recap (8/5/11)

CRobi21

It was definitely very competitive out there. Like you said, I wouldn't give either side of the ball the upper edge today. Both the offense and the defense made their plays, and missed some plays. But like I said, it definitely wasn't just going through the motions. I recall a couple guys on defense yelling if there man caught the ball or if they took a bad angle on something. But with the good they'd be high fiving each other if they did something good. But the reports seemed accurate to me, it wasn't a one sided practice at all. Good play from both O and D.

So glad you were able to make it out there this year STB, I always look forward to your writeups. After seeing practice this year compared to years past what would you guess our record will be at the end of the year? (If you can gauge that sort of thing by watching 1 early preseason practice, but don't use that as an excuse to sidestep the damn question :D )

So glad you were able to make it out there this year STB, I always look forward to your writeups. After seeing practice this year compared to years past what would you guess our record will be at the end of the year? (If you can gauge that sort of thing by watching 1 early preseason practice, but don't use that as an excuse to sidestep the damn question :D )

:ols:

I'd say at best, we're an 8-8 team. We got a lot better at a lot of positions this offseason, but as we all know, it boils down to the QB. And I don't think we have our guy here yet. He'll be waiting round one in next years draft. I think we'll come out trying to run the ball a lot more this year as I think our RBs are a real strong point on our team. We should go with a run first, then stretch the field with play action type of gameplan. However if we are down early and are forced to pass, I think we'll be in trouble. All three QBs who have a chance at starting need a strong running game because they will not be winning games on there own.

I think we're good enough to hang with just about every team in the league. I predict a lot of close games again this year, but we don't have the playmaker behind center to take the game over when it matters. But the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

I'd say at best, we're an 8-8 team. We got a lot better at a lot of positions this offseason, but as we all know, it boils down to the QB. And I don't think we have our guy here yet. He'll be waiting round one in next years draft. I think we'll come out trying to run the ball a lot more this year as I think our RBs are a real strong point on our team. We should go with a run first, then stretch the field with play action type of gameplan. However if we are down early and are forced to pass, I think we'll be in trouble. All three QBs who have a chance at starting need a strong running game because they will not be winning games on there own.

I think we're good enough to hang with just about every team in the league. I predict a lot of close games again this year, but we don't have the playmaker behind center to take the game over when it matters. But the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

:)

Thanks STB. Can't wait til next Friday to see how we look. Thanks again.

I'll tell you what...trying to get David Garrard from Jacksonville...that is not a bad idea (someone suggested it earlier in this thread).. I think he would instantly upgrade our offense, and add the mobility factor. Put a few of our current prospects together and make a trade; that is if the Jags are that interested in playing Gabbert 1st string this year.

Love reading your stuff STB.

That's about how I feel, also. You're just a lot better at putting it into words than I am.

It was definitely very competitive out there. Like you said, I wouldn't give either side of the ball the upper edge today. Both the offense and the defense made their plays, and missed some plays. But like I said, it definitely wasn't just going through the motions. I recall a couple guys on defense yelling if there man caught the ball or if they took a bad angle on something. But with the good they'd be high fiving each other if they did something good. But the reports seemed accurate to me, it wasn't a one sided practice at all. Good play from both O and D.

Thanks for the reply, sounds promising :)

Archived