Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

middle linebacker; position of need or not?

ryanwade21

Personally I think we are set with henson and riley battling for the opposition starting position next to fletcher. I would like to see us actually give a middle round draft pick a chance to produce. Both players impressed me when they played last year. I would much rather sign a tackle and possibly another guard or center. I believe down the road henson and riley could both start for us. Do you think we need to sign an Mlb and if so any ideas?

I feel like I'm being greedy at this point, but I would be very happy if the Skins figured out a way to sign Stephen Tulloch or Barrett Ruud. While I agree that I would like to see Riley get some snaps and I don't want to derail his progress, I still think that Tulloch, in particular, could be a tackling machine and future leader of the LB corps. London Fletcher is that guy right now, but he won't be soon. He is getting real close to retirement time, and if our LBs two years from now are Orakpo, Riley, Tulloch and Kerrigan, then I think we would be in great shape!

If nothing happens, I will be fine with it, but Tulloch is definitely on my wish list!

one of these days were gonna need a replacement for fletcher.... Stepher Tulloch would fill that void but then that would take away reps from henson and riley who i really want to see what they can do on sundays

I'd love us to beat the Lions to his signature since it appears the Titans are moving on from him. That would fully solidify another position on the team.

Is it a need? With Fletch still going strong, and two good young guys, I wouldn't say it was imperative this season with everything else. If Henson and Riley get more playing time as they surely will, you can just add to that through future drafts or pick-up a young guy down the line.

Hail.

I say yes, this is a position of need.

We are so used to having Fletch play great that we do not worry about is so much, but London won't be great forever.

It takes 2 quality inside linebackers to run the 3-4. We have one great middle linebacker, but he is on the wrong side of thirty. Beyond that we do have a couple prospects in Henson and Riley, but I think we should try to bring in somebody else, at least for depth/competition.

I'd love us to beat the Lions to his signature since it appears the Titans are moving on from him. That would fully solidify another position on the team.

Is it a need? With Fletch still going strong, and two good young guys, I wouldn't say it was imperative this season with everything else. If Henson and Riley get more playing time as they surely will, you can just add to that through future drafts or pick-up a young guy down the line.

Hail.

I'd be extremely happy with the addition of Tulloch, im just saying the only thing i dont like is that we would be pushing younger guys were all dying to see get some action further down the depth chart, even if its only for a year.

I'd be extremely happy with the addition of Tulloch, im just saying the only thing i dont like is that we would be pushing younger guys were all dying to see get some action further down the depth chart, even if its only for a year.

In full agreement with ya' man.

The "is it a need" line was in answer to the OP's question. Not your post.

Hail.

If all we have at middle linebacker right now is Fletcher, Henson and Riley, then yeah, it's a position of need. They don't need to sign a starter because that opportunity should be given to riley or henson. They need to sign depth. Maybe a couple of UDFAs to rotate in when fletch or whoever else is starting needs a breather. This is turning into a true 3-4 defense...you need linebackers up the wazoo.

Archived