Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins predicted to go 1-15??

fish

They also have Minnesota at 2-14. I really doubt either team does that bad. As much as we are lacking in talent, we are not even close to the roster dearth that detroit and houston had a couple years ago. We have at least 4 players on d and 2 on o who are pro bowl caliber. A couple years ago Detroit had Calvin Johnson and that was it. The rest of their roster was very barren. Houston had Andre Johnson and Dunta and that was it. I think our roster strength is about that of Cleveland from a couple years ago, and they bottomed out at 4-12. Our coaching is better though, I honestly don't think we'll do worse than 5-11, especially with Haynesworth and McNabb gone.

Re: Skins predicted to go 1-15??

Whatever, 1-15, 5-11, 6-10 what's the difference. It's going to suck which is why the Capitals will get me through until April when they perform their annual chokejob.

Ha. I still have not forgiven them yet for this year's collapse. I am sure we will reconcile by fall but come spring, I have to bring out my checklist of signs of spring.

Cherry blossoms, yard work, thunderstorms, pollen, increasing humidity and an unceremonius and expeditious dismisal of the Caps. I pray I get to alter the list next year.

Well, bye!

Not disagreeing with you - but the point is some people would not bat an eye around here if the Lions or Browns had the same roster and BR believed they were to go 1-15. Why couldn't the Redskins? Is it because they are historically a better team? Is it because FA has not happened yet and Snyder might try and buy 4 more wins with a big splash? The roster is the roster ( until FA happens) and right now the roster is a big ? in what production they will get - especially QB. If Beck was the Lions QB almost everyone on here would not defend them if BR said they would go 1-15. Am I seeing this wrong?

I get what you are saying. But if Beck fails, I'm sure Mike would go with Rex (assuming he's re-signed) to take over. Even though Rex had alot of turnovers, he was very productive in his three starts getting us into the endzone. Even with the current roster we have, I can't agree with anyone that we would be anything worse than 4-12. The schedule is easier and the rookies themselves would be slight upgrades to some areas of thin we had last year. It they had have predicted 4-12, I could live with that. 1-15 to me is bottom of the barrel, nothing in the cupboard, flat out suck. We are not anywhere near that point. We've haven't stripped the roster bare. It's been in increments releasing veterans last year and this year.

Is there anyone that thinks this team is a contender? I would much rather be horrible than bad to mediocre, either contend for the playoffs or contend for the first pick in the draft. I would hate to finish the season 5-11, 6-10, or 7-9. That would land us a draft pick in the teens with no hope of obtaining a franchise QB.

I am actually hoping all of the mediots are right and we ARE the worst team in the league because maybe, just maybe we'll have a franchise QB.

Oh and just another side note, just one more win can set back a franchise. Take last year for example, the Skins finished 6-10, slightly better record wise than last year. If they would have lost to the Jags late in the season they would have finished 5-11 and would have had the 6th pick in the draft and would have ended up with the bevy of picks Atlanta gave to Cleveland for Julio Jones. Just one win cost the Redskins 4 additional high round draft picks.

Is there anyone that thinks this team is a contender? I would much rather be horrible than bad to mediocre, either contend for the playoffs or contend for the first pick in the draft. I would hate to finish the season 5-11, 6-10, or 7-9. That would land us a draft pick in the teens with no hope of obtaining a franchise QB.

No hope? There are at least three franchise QBs in the draft, and maybe 5 or 6 teams that will absolutely need to draft a QB next year. Chances aren't that bad, and we can always trade up.

No hope? There are at least three franchise QBs in the draft, and maybe 5 or 6 teams that will absolutely need to draft a QB next year. Chances aren't that bad, and we can always trade up.

I'd much rather have the lock in Luck than hope one of the others pan out or trade away our future to trade up. Keep the picks and stink up the joint for a year and get better.

The Texans 11-5? Their first year in a 3-4 with the personnel that ranked 30th in defense last year.

Houston being crowned by the press year in and year out only for them to embarrass themselves when actual football is played has become a tradition. Funnier than ever this year because, yes, I don't see them holding teams back from less than 28 points a game in their current situation.

No idea what the hell is going to happen to the Skins, to be honest with you. It seems dire, but I'm hoping increased experience in Shanny's schemes benefits our below average talent.

Archived