Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl.com: Packers' Underwood charged after post-ring ceremony incident

PokerPacker

Brandon Underwood will be in court Wednesday facing disorderly conduct charges stemming from an alleged assault on his estranged wife after the Green Bay Packers' June 16 ring ceremony.

Brandie Underwood, 25, alleges in a criminal complaint filed in Brown County Circuit Court that her husband, also 25, dragged her from a car, threw her to the ground and ripped from her neck a necklace the team presented her as a player's wife, the Green Bay Press Gazette reported. The couple, which is going through a divorce, were in a verbal spat when the alleged incident took place, Brandie Underwood claims.

Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski told the newspaper that Brandie Underwood didn't appear seriously hurt. The charge is a misdemeanor, so Brandon Underwood, a third-year cornerback who has 21 tackles in 23 NFL games, can have an attorney appear on his behalf, Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski told the newspaper.

Brandon Underwood earlier this year pleaded no contest to one count of prostitution-nonmarital sexual intercourse and was fined $379 after an incident in June 2010 at the Wilderness Golf Cabins in Lake Delton, Wis., in which two women claimed that they had been sexually assaulted by a Packers player. Brandie Underwood filed for divorce in May.

A Packers spokesman told the Press Gazette that the team is aware of the arrest but would have no further comment.

Underwood posted $350 bond and was released after his arrest, and an order that he not have contact with his wife was canceled June 21 at Brandie Underwood's request, Zakowski said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820a10e2/article/packers-underwood-charged-after-postring-ceremony-incident

Okay, time to cut him loose. I wanted to give him a shot to mature after his shenanigans last off-season, but I think we've got a good look at who he is. Anyone interested in a CB who practices well but doesn't perform on the field enough to even play dime-back and has some serious personality issues?

Okay, time to cut him loose. I wanted to give him a shot to mature after his shenanigans last off-season, but I think we've got a good look at who he is. Anyone interested in a CB who practices well but doesn't perform on the field enough to even play dime-back and has some serious personality issues?

First of all what a jerk and yeah you guys really dont need this kind of guy on your team. Then again no one else does either.

Maybe Tampa would be interested as they will likely have a hole in their defensive backfield due to a year long suspension (at least) for Talib :silly:

What's his 40 time? Al Davis may give you a 1st round draft pick.

Archived