Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins' Phillip Daniels sees personal benefit in NFL lockout

joeknows

Phillip Daniels is, perhaps, the best example of what it means to be a Redskin in this day and age. Next to London Fletcher, of course. Those guys really get it. It's a shame we don't have offensive leadership like that.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, by the way, it's definitely enjoyable to watch.

First off, that is one strong dude. Wow.

PD is great. He comes by Extremeskins and posts from time to time, which is cool, and I will always remember the monster games he turned in during Gibbs II's tenure. Hopefully he can still get into the rotation on the defensive front. I cannot help but root for him.

His thoughts on the lockout:

-He is using the time off to train.

-He agrees with Ray Lewis' statement that if there is no football, crime will increase.

-He says there will be football.

-He noted that the Redskins go on to win the Super Bowl every time there is a work stoppage, so hopefully it is part of God's plan.

I love his attitude.

Cool vid, I probably wouldn't have seen this if not for ExtremeSkins. love this board.

Phil is great though, good guy, hard worker, and a great vet for this team. I hope he can pass his attitude and work ethic on to the younger guys on the team before his days are over..I wonder if he's interested in any kind of coaching after his playing career. He's probably been asked before in a Q&A when he's been on the board, another reason dude is cool!

I find PD to be a very smart, hard-working, athletic guy who knows what he is talking about. I love that he also finds time to post on here as well. Also loved that he knew about the Redskins winning after every work-stoppage. I find it refreshing since if you ask a lot of younger guys, they would have no clue.

-He noted that the Redskins go on to win the Super Bowl every time there is a work stoppage, so hopefully it is part of God's plan.

>> Yes, in 1982 and 1987, but not in 1974.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1158673/8/15/

BTW, Theismann crossed the picket line in 1974.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins-fan-forum/2008/Jun/11/whatever-happened-to-joe-theismann-pt-ii/

When I did an article on Billy Kilmer (can be seen at: http://capitalnewsservice.net) I asked him about Theismann. He confirmed that the two didn't get along. "Theismann started off on the wrong foot," said Kilmer. "In 1974 he was brought in and there was a players' strike so the rookies played two or three exhibition games without the veterans in camp. Theismann had a good game in one of those exhibitions and a reporter with the Washington Post asked him, ‘What do you think is going to happen when Jurgensen and Kilmer come back to camp.' And Theismann said, ‘I'm going to put those two old men on the bench.' And it was quoted in all the newspapers. I called Sonny and said, ‘Did you see what he said?' Sonny laughed and said, ‘Yeah, well we'll have him catching punts at the end of the year.' And my God, we did."

Archived