Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lollapalooza 2011 in Chicago.

TradeTheBeal!

Man this thread is depressing. There's a lot of good music out there. I suggest actually listening to it.

Indie rock is what's most popular right now. It's been like that for some time.

Give me a suggestion. Im always open to new music. Sadly, I usually discover it blows.

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Bright Light Social Hour, Portugal. The Man, and Moon Taxi (specifically their Melodica album). And do you know Umphrey's McGee? Great prog rock.

I not really sure they're new to you or not. You've got some years on me so your perspective is probably different on what's new.

Kilmer - I know you are more of a punk guy - but have you given The National a listen too?

I dig it. A bit like Bauhaus crossed with early 80s The Cure.

Is any band other than Foo Fighters putting out rock music?

---------- Post added April-2nd-2013 at 03:08 PM ----------

Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Bright Light Social Hour, Portugal. The Man, and Moon Taxi (specifically their Melodica album). And do you know Umphrey's McGee? Great prog rock.

I not really sure they're new to you or not. You've got some years on me so your perspective is probably different on what's new.

Nice reco on Portugal. The Man. I like that.

The others on quick listen are okay. I'll give them a full album listen later.

Nine Inch Nails is the only band worth seeing in that line-up. I'll wait till they kick off the 2014 resurrection tour and see if I can catch them in Charlotte. Otherwise, that line-up sucks. I went to Lollapalooza in 93 and that was a festival with tons of bands. Side stages with small time bands/openers playing at the same time the main stage was going. Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Alice N Chains, Primus, etc. That was a show.

The only band deemed worthy enough to hang with any of the first bands that made Lollapalooza is Nine Inch Nails.

And the 36 year olds of 1993 thought that line-up sucked.

Archived