Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYTimes: Obama Shifts to Speed Oil and Gas Drilling in U.S.

Thiebear

Which QB is the better fit for the Redskins (assuming we cannot get Andrew Luck)?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB is the better fit for the Redskins (assuming we cannot get Andrew Luck)?

• Landry Jones
    • Matt Barkley

Yes, the simple perception he is hostile to domestic drilling increases speculation.
That is part 1, which drives up the price of oil. Part 2, which drives up the price of gasoline, is that the oil companies want to drill here and were intent on playing this game of chicken until Obama caved.

Drilling in Anwar reserve in Alaska is far less potentially environmentally hazardous than offshore drilling, butsince it only involves workers from one state rather than an entire region, it becomes a cause celebre amongst environmental hardliners.

Already did. In Texas last week.

It is definitely starting to feel like, "Hey, I'm gonna need you guys again soon. Here's your bone."

I fell for that one once. It won't happen again.

Technically speaking he came through on immigration reform.

You have to get tough before you can get amnesty.

He can now say deportation is up, felony deportations is way up, now lets talk.

On Oil: Virginia is helping him by pushing hard for offshore on their shore?

With Obama, I'm from Missouri. He often talks a decent game, only to revert to his party's hard line. He's a politician in politician's clothes. I'll believe new drilling really occurs when I see it.

To over simplify, the price of oil is largely dependent on three things: 1) Demand (driven by the economy), 2) Supply uncertainty (drilling here, war there) and 3) the dollar. Oil companies make a lot of money, but if you took their profits out, prices would still be very high at the pump. They're only a small price driver.

People thought the economy was getting better. Prices went up. The middle east exploded again. Prices went up. The dollar is weak. Prices went up.

Now, the economy is looking weaker again. Prices down. The middle east is relatively calm and Obama acts like he's changed. Prices down. The dollar is always weaker...limiting the decline of price.

I have a hard time believing the price will go down much more - particularly with summer coming and the dollar still weak - unless the economy is even weaker than we think. Ironically, cuts to unrelated spending could drive the price down a bit too by lowering the debt and strengthening the dollar.

Action speaks louder than words.

If the alleged not as smart as barrack, Dubba Ya could issue an executive order to immediately commence offshore drilling..........................

I would love to eat crow and humble pie after Obama said to Alaska Anwar drill baby drill and it started this year. But its not going to happen.

Following the links provided on this thread, here's where we are now:

He was against it before he was for it before he was against it before he was for it.

I mean, he is still for it, right?

I think so, but I've been watching the game. I haven't checked in like, 15 minutes.

Archived