Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does Anyone Think The Coaches and GMs Are Frustrated

DRSmith

Some players have joked about the lockout suggesting one should happen every summer, but if I was a coach or a GM and my job depended on the performance of my team losing this time to be signing players, coaching up guys and getting my system tweaked would be killing me, or do you think like some players they are enjoying the lockout?

no one is enjoying the lockout. That includes GM's and Coaches who are losing valuable time to coach up their team.

Patriots receiver Wes Welker says he’s thoroughly enjoying an offseason schedule that’s his and his alone, so much so that he’s in no rush to see the lockout come to an end.

“Let’s do a lockout every year,” Welker said today.

Welker says he’s working out on his own at home, and he’d be content to keep working out on his own for a few more months. I suspect Welker’s view of the lockout is one that’s shared by a lot of players: They don’t want it to cause them to miss any regular-season games, but if it lasts lasts long enough to cancel minicamps and training camps, they could live with that.

“I think once people start losing paychecks, it’ll probably be a little bit different. But I’m not too concerned right now,” Welker said. “Hopefully at some point we get a deal done. I just know as players — I can speak for myself — I just want to play ball. Hopefully come fall, that’s what we’re doing.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/wes-welker-enjoying-time-off-lets-do-a-lockout-every-year/

Other players have talked about enjoying time with their famalies

Well I can understand that coming from a player that is a vet and knows the playbook and his role on the team. For that type of guy, he needs to be in "football shape" and a short time to shake the rust off before the season. And the fact he is under contract so once a CBA is resolved, he receives his paychecks.

But, if he were a free agent, drafted rookie or an undrafted rookie free agent the story is a little bit different.

coaches and gms have to be especially worried about those questionable character/work ethic guys on the team. with nothing mandatory coming up until who knows when, who knows how long it will take to get that 400lbs whale in shape. especially considering the best shape of his life didn't allow him to pass a conditioning test.

Archived