Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clemson DE Da’Quan Bowers

addicted

Youre proving my point.... They both do not fit the 'Skins defense. When they actually allow Jarmon on the field, he produces, but they never put him on the field. Not to mention the injured year. Late last season, he and Carriker with the unproven LB's were causing havoc... in the NFL, not college mind you

Jarmon did play quite a bit last year in the second half of the season - he showed he can produce some pass rush from the DE spot in a 3-4 but is a liability in that role against the run. I recall plays when he lined up at RDE and was blocked right out past the opposite end of the line on run plays. He is what he is a good LDE in a 4-3 but a fish out of water in a 3-4 IMO.

Jarmon started 31 times in three seasons. He was an All-SEC selection his last two years when he had a combined 100 tackles, including 23 ½ for losses with 13 ½ sacks.

Bowers in his last two seasons - 113 tackles, 35 TFL, 26 Sacks...

Big difference in sacks, but still

I don't see the comparison either. A couple of months ago Bowers was considered the best player in the draft by some analysts and could have gone #1 overall. I like Jarmon, but there is no comparison from what I can see.

Jarmon did play quite a bit last year in the second half of the season - he showed he can produce some pass rush from the DE spot in a 3-4 but is a liability in that role against the run. I recall plays when he lined up at RDE and was blocked right out past the opposite end of the line on run plays. He is what he is a good LDE in a 4-3 but a fish out of water in a 3-4 IMO.

You also have to remember that he was asked to slim down to be an OLB then bulk back up during the season to play DE. Bulking during a season is no easy task. Another year removed from the ACL, a full offseason to bulk, and he could make some serious progress. I still agree he is best suited in a 4-3 but he may still be a decent player for us.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 03:50 PM ----------

You also have to remember that he was asked to slim down to be an OLB then bulk back up during the season to play DE. Bulking during a season is no easy task. Another year removed from the ACL, a full offseason to bulk, and he could make some serious progress. I still agree he is best suited in a 4-3 but he may still be a decent player for us.

---------- Post added April-29th-2011 at 03:50 PM ----------

I hope you are right because we need someone to put their hand up and fill that RDE spot. We have both OLB spots full, some guys who can play next to Fletch inside and a good LDE. the NT and RDE spots need some help though even with Bryant playing well down the stretch.

Archived