Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should we have just carpet bombed Afghanistan?

The 12th Commandment

Did you even read my OP, or the rest of thread? Hell, it's been Iraq for 3 pages anyway and further, the politics of it not the execution.

I read the OP and you seem to be a pretty reasonable dude, so I'm just going to assume you are really not entertaining the notion that it might have been better for us to have simply carpet bombed Afghanistan. However, I do think a handful of people are seriously entertaining that notion.

I read the OP and you seem to be a pretty reasonable dude, so I'm just going to assume you are really not entertaining the notion that it might have been better for us to have simply carpet bombed Afghanistan. However, I do think a handful of people are seriously entertaining that notion.

There's always a few cranks, can't get away from them. Thanks for acknowledging that my point was not really to carpet bomb the whole country at all, just start a discussion - which in ES grand fashion went off topic and got political. Imagine. :)

This is a terrible argument. Do you have to fix everything on your car to justify fixing the worst problem?

Funny analogy from a car guy. When your alternator goes, don't you usually change the battery and belts, because they usually follow? If you are going to fix the coil on an LT1 motor, don't you usually put a new water pump on it? Once one thing goes or you are getting inside of the motor, normally, things down the line start to break also.

I wonder what would of happened if instead of doing what we did, we took all of our troops from the ME and made sure our borders were safe and everybody here was suppose to be here and invested all of the money we have spent and will continue to spend, on sustainable energy development. I bet we wouldn't have as many people hating us today and our economy would be in much better shape, allowing us to actually help people in need in those countries, but oh well. Another generation another war, more people without families and more crippled vets on all sides.

Archived