Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Verizon FiOS Question

Skinz4

So I am thinking of getting the Verizon FiOS TV/Internet/Phone bundle package. I am trying to get an idea of what I would be paying to rent the cable boxes each month. I have 4 tv's that I need to set up. I am thinking I will do the multi-room dvr for the main tv, and then do the set top box for the remaining 3 tv's.

I see on the Verizon site, it says that a multi-room DVR box is 19.99 per month, and then I see they have a "set top box" that you can pair with the multi-room dvr for 9.99 per month. In the small print, it states, "order 2 or more set top boxes and save."

Anyone out there with FiOS know how much you can save by ordering 2 or more of the set top boxes?

So I am thinking of getting the Verizon FiOS TV/Internet/Phone bundle package. I am trying to get an idea of what I would be paying to rent the cable boxes each month. I have 4 tv's that I need to set up. I am thinking I will do the multi-room dvr for the main tv, and then do the set top box for the remaining 3 tv's.

I see on the Verizon site, it says that a multi-room DVR box is 19.99 per month, and then I see they have a "set top box" that you can pair with the multi-room dvr for 9.99 per month. In the small print, it states, "order 2 or more set top boxes and save."

Anyone out there with FiOS know how much you can save by ordering 2 or more of the set top boxes?

I don't know the price, but I do know if you go through 99% of the order process online, it will tell you.

I have FIOS with a Multi-Room DVR (HD), HD Box, and 1 regular Set Top Box (can watch PPV, DVR, get menu etc), and 2 'simple boxes' (can't watch DVR, PPV, etc).

If I remember correctly, the HD box is $19, the Regular STB is $10, and the two others are $5 per month.

One thing about this... if you have the Verizon HD DVR, you need the HD set top box in every room. You won't be able to watch anything, even in non-HD, that you record in HD. Does that make sense?

So, if you really think you may want to watch DVR'd shows in two different rooms, you only need one DVR, but you will need an HD receiver in every room you want to watch DVR.

after i got fios installed, i called them back and told them to cancel me when i found out how much they were charging for their boxes. when i had comcast, you didnt need a box to watch basic cable. with fios, i did, so the $ i was saving with my basic contract was nullified by the extra cost of the boxes. i even asked if i needed a box for a cable ready TV (one or 2 i hardly used anyhow) and they said i didnt. turns out i did.

they gave me a credit of 10$ a month for a year, if i remember correctly.

now, if you can actually get them to come out when they say they are coming out- and i'm not even talking about time, i'm talking about the day- youre ahead of the game. they no-showed 2 times in a row for me. just a heads up.

One thing about this... if you have the Verizon HD DVR, you need the HD set top box in every room. You won't be able to watch anything, even in non-HD, that you record in HD. Does that make sense?

So, if you really think you may want to watch DVR'd shows in two different rooms, you only need one DVR, but you will need an HD receiver in every room you want to watch DVR.

You can watch SD though on multi-room. So you either have to DVR everything twice (HD and SD), DVR things only in SD that you only want to watch on those boxes, or get lucky and have shows like Top Gear that are only in SD that you can now watch on any box from DVR.

Archived