Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rental Cars... discounts, coupons, companies?

Burgold

I'll be heading down to California in a couple weeks for a pair of interviews. I've never really had a preference in rental car companies, but does anyone have a stronger opinion. Does anyone know of any place to find some good discounts or coupons?

I did a quick search for a pick up at LAX and found a 15 buck a day rate. That doesn't sound too bad.

Never heard of Payless cars...are they associated with the shoes ? Not even a joke, I seriously haven't.

I've used National, Budget, Enterprise, and some other one over the years. Not Hertz though.

Either way save your money and do your thing. If you don't care which company rent a wreck is all over the place and from what I recall back in HS they were indeed beaters and cheap.

I used to work for Enterprise at BWI...if you rent from them reserve a small car (this can be a risk) they will try to 'sell you up' to a bigger, nicer car and prices are definitely negotiable. There are a lot of times where they run out of the small cars and will give you a free upgrade. The risk is, they may only have small cars and you would be stuck with what you reserved. The other thing, if you have the ability to rent at a neighborhood enterprise you should. There are a bunch of taxes and fees associated with purchases made at the airport....good luck!

Point A to B in some situations. In my mind I have nice cars at home, and it's fun to drive something different.

Go for the good rate and save some money to spend on hookers and booze.

---------- Post added April-17th-2011 at 09:36 AM ----------

Good point jobaga. I forgot about all the BS airport fees. And perhaps Burgold, they are not showing those fees just yet on Expedia.

That's possible. Sneaky bastidges. I'll have to check out if my hotel has a shuttle. If it does then getting an offsite rental place may be the ticket. Then again, the extra twenty bucks may be worth the hassle.

remember Enterprise 'picks people up' (and I think Hertz will pick you up as well) A local office will not pick you up at the airport. Maybe call the hotel and ask the front or concierge desk what rental car company they use (I guarantee that someone has marketed them). Price 'em out...it may be worth a phone call

Archived