Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question about season ticket return.

alleycat

I have a friend who just paid for his 2011 seats.

He is a DOD civilian and has recieved orders overseas.

Will the Redskins refund or what ?

Your friend needs to call the TO and ask to speak to the TO manager. The Skins make this big deal about supporting the armed services at every game. If you can provide a copy of your orders, I would hope they can make a special exception. If the TO manager says "no", you need to take it to a higher level.

And if you do not get satisfaction, PM me....I might be able to help. I know someone at level high enough to do something about it.

Your friend needs to call the TO and ask to speak to the TO manager. The Skins make this big deal about supporting the armed services at every game. If you can provide a copy of your orders, I would hope they can make a special exception. If the TO manager says "no", you need to take it to a higher level.

And if you do not get satisfaction, PM me....I might be able to help. I know someone at level high enough to do something about it.

I'd agree if it was a soldier, but it's a civilian.

I'd agree if it was a soldier, but it's a civilian.

At every freakin' home game this year, the Redskins focused our attention on the Club level and the General Dynamics advertising sign to thank the soldiers and the civilian support personnel. I don't know if it is very common knowledge but there are tens of thousands of military contractor personnel that get sent to Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. to assist the troops. Sounds to me this guy got called to duty even if he is not a soldier. Considering the huge deal the Redskins made to "Operation Salute Our Troops", I think the Redskins should at least try to be creative in solving this problem assuming this guy has actually been ordered overseas to provide civilian support to the troops. IF they don't find a solution, this is the kind of PR nightmare that they don't want to read about in the Washington Post......assuming the story is true.

EDIT....and if he is a DOD civilian employee as the OP stated in his post, even more reason to find a solution than if he were a military contractor employee.

You still get "orders". No passport required. You will have official DoD paperwork stating you will deploy.

A passport IS required, and you might get "orders" but it is a DoD civilians decision to deploy overseas, unlike military orders where it is their decision.

A passport IS required, and you might get "orders" but it is a DoD civilians decision to deploy overseas, unlike military orders where it is their decision.

I will speak to this. It is a DOD civilians choice to deploy, and yes a Passport is required. However, normally they are considered Emergency Essential (EE) and fall in with the military.

With all of that said, I am in the same boat. Have been for the past 4 seasons. I would recommend that your friend hold onto the tickets and sell them to someone that will go to the games while he is gone. I keep mine, as I am usually home for a couple of games a year and let my family / friends go in my place while I am gone.

OK, "orders" is not the correct term for DOD civilians. But let's look at the official language on the Emergency Essential Employment Agreement. The employee agrees and understands that "Failure to perform the duties of the position in an emergency may result in appropriate action defined as separation....." Essentially, if you don't go, they can fire you. If this person had volunteered, I doubt he would have paid his season tickets in full.

I agree with the poster above that the person should try to find family or friends to buy the tickets while he/she is gone. But I also think the Skins should attempt to work with the person to resolve the issue if the person is unable to find someone willing to buy his tickets for the year.

Archived