Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B/R: Redskins Mock Draft/Team Needs

ballin86

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/621640-2011-nfl-mock-draft-washington-redskins-7-round-mock-draft-and-position-needs

With the 2011 NFL combine underway, Mike Shanahan, Bruce Allen, and the Washington Redskins are beginning to prepare the for 2011 NFL Draft.

The Redskins have a lot of needs coming off a poor first season under Shanahan, from offensive line to linebacker. Before getting to the Redskins mock draft, it is time to break down the position needs for the 'Skins.

as strange as it seems..

I'm seeing WR & QB, in the first 2 rounds..

Perhaps not only because of the talent level available in the draft but, also, due to a lack of talent in FA.

I'll take Jones over Ayers.. Whichever LB is available in the 2nd round will be closer to the talent level of Ayers than whichever WR will be to Jones :D

wait.. yeh!

ha

If this happens, I'll puke. One defensive player for the 2nd worst defense in the league? trading back, but gaining no picks, just position? Um, NO!

He actually picks up a thrid but then uses it on a OT - and OT not a G or a C or a DL an offensive tackle .

We aslo do not have the luxary of wasting a pick on a WR this season . Sorry but the Combine makes Jones look better than he is - the tape tells another story and while he could be very very good we would be wasting a pick taking him given what we had a WR last year in Armstrong and Moss with the two TEs chipping in for over 1000 yards in the air . ..

I think we will be looking at btb defensive players at OLB and DT if one gets that far and I would like to think we would look at Quinn over Ayers ... .

Also why do these mocks ALWAYS have a kicker or a punter in the final rounds - No kickers - not going to happen - rookie kickers almost always suck and have to be seasoned in the fires of a professional environment - we took the rough with Gano last season and hopefully he had been able to grow from that experience - time will tell but there is no way I want a kickers name being called associated with the Skins at any point durring the draft . . . .

He actually picks up a thrid but then uses it on a OT - and OT not a G or a C or a DL an offensive tackle .

We aslo do not have the luxary of wasting a pick on a WR this season . Sorry but the Combine makes Jones look better than he is - the tape tells another story and while he could be very very good we would be wasting a pick taking him given what we had a WR last year in Armstrong and Moss with the two TEs chipping in for over 1000 yards in the air . ..

I think we will be looking at btb defensive players at OLB and DT if one gets that far and I would like to think we would look at Quinn over Ayers ... .

Also why do these mocks ALWAYS have a kicker or a punter in the final rounds - No kickers - not going to happen - rookie kickers almost always suck and have to be seasoned in the fires of a professional environment - we took the rough with Gano last season and hopefully he had been able to grow from that experience - time will tell but there is no way I want a kickers name being called associated with the Skins at any point durring the draft . . . .

Agree with the kicker stance. I'll give Gano another shot, rather than see him become the next David Akers for the Skins

I know they get a third in this scenario, but dude has them giving up the 6th rounder to do so. I'm all or trading down and AQUIRING EXTRA picks. This team has so many holes, needs to get more depth, and become younger, that I think they need to stock pile picks in a trade down, not just move up but not GAIN picks.

[quote}He actually picks up a thrid but then uses it on a OT - and OT not a G or a C or a DL an offensive tackle .

]actually marcus cannon is projected to be a G in the NFL, not an OT\

Quinn will not be there at 10 or 15, he is going to go top 5, every scout can agree on that at this point.

Wasting a pick on WR? Who are our WRs.....moss is gone...we have armstrong and nothing else

---------- Post added March-2nd-2011 at 02:36 AM ----------

moving from a 6th to 3rd is a big difference, the percentage of players drafted in the 6th round that last longer than 5 years in the NFL is less than 10%....no offense but I'll move down 4 picks to move up over 100 picks later in the draft anyday

Yeah, I don't trust these bleacher-report mock drafts... I trust sites like walterfootball but most (not all) of the contributor based sites are guys like you or me. hell, a lot of ES members could do it no problem. But it does bring up a big concern. As good as Carriker looked compared to our other D-linemen? I definitely like the guy and think he's a good, young piece to build off of. However, should he really remain a starter? Would he be better suited as the proverbial 'sixth man'? (in our case, more like our fourth man) This would be the draft to stockpile D-linemen. I prefer Julio Jones in the first but wouldn't mind grabbing 2 D-linemen.

Some of it I agree with...

I think the Rams ARE enamored with Julio Jones and would possibly be a trade down partner. I don't however think that "acquired" 3rd round pick would be used on a Guard though. I also think that if that trade would go down that Shanny would then either get "his" qb locker with that 14th pick or someone like JJ Watt or Cam Jordan instead of Ayers.

The more I think about it though - I'm getting more convinced that Julio Jones could very well be our pick at 10. I mean with Shanny's history of smokescreen it's plausible. At first our scouts are "running to locker" then Shanny declares Linebacker/DE as a #1 priority. No talk of WR's as a major need yet even though it is. I see Jones and envision Brandon Marshall 2.0.

Archived