Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFLPA NATIONWIDE Lockout LockDown Redskins Official Event Monday 2-21-11

Huly

All the NFLPA will be hosting an event on Monday 2-21-11 across the US. Every fanbase in the NFL is trying to set up an official location.

Well here is the Redskins:

Monday 2-21-11

2-5 PM

Prime Time Sports Bar

11250 James Swart Circle Fairfax VA

The Fan Forum is set for all NFL fans nationwide to sit down and plug into U-Stream and get answers on the Lockout and CBA Issues.

There will be Happy Hour Prices, possible raffles and possible player appearances

You can pre-submit your lockout questions and concerns to jillian at MIAtrifecta.com

Here is the Official Event Facebook Invite

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=179251908784494

I hope to see y'all there both Pez and I will be coming out of hibernation to attend this event. If you live in another state click on the facebook link above to see if a team is hosting an event in your area.

HTTR

Huly & Pez

Yeah this is exactly what we need in the NFL. A forum!!!!! That is what Democracy is about!! I had a dream that Legislature stepped in and told the owners to suck it up and football will continue regardless if they get their money or not lmao. I wish I could attend the event though..but I have school.

The NFLPA is just answering questions from the fans and sharing their story. I think it will be awesome!

I can honestly say the one that really spoke about it and touched my heart with the situation was Lorenzo Alexander. He mentioned aspects I never thought about.

Talked to someone I know. He said they are creating a video feed to stream video to the locations throughout the country each hosting an event. One, maybe two, NFLPA reps will answer questions via feed to their webcam.

He also said they will be handing out T-shirts.

I applaud the local "superfans" for hosting and help organizing the event. A dozen or so cities and their "superfans" are hosting this event at designated locations.

unions are too politically charged...this probably should be posted somewhere else...

Agreed. This is just a typical union tactic to try and get a bunch of sob stories out there to generate sympathy from the public.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are convenient cameras there as they will get the easily coerced to shout into them 'No lockdown! No lockdown!' :rolleyes:

The NFLPA needs to spend more time focusing on getting a deal done, and less on these games.

(Note: The critcism in this post isn't directed at Huly, just at miserable sports unions).

Agreed. This is just a typical union tactic to try and get a bunch of sob stories out there to generate sympathy from the public.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are convenient cameras there as they will get the easily coerced to shout into them 'No lockdown! No lockdown!' :rolleyes:

The NFLPA needs to spend more time focusing on getting a deal done, and less on these games.

(Note: The critcism in this post isn't directed at Huly, just at miserable sports unions).

Not saying the NFLPA is not trying to get the word out, but I believe this is as much about educating fans as it is a media event. The "superfans" are the ones organizing and getting the word out to the fans of their teams. It didn't sound like the NFLPA is spending a lot of money on this event.

One or two guys available via video stream from a webcam answering questions from a dozen or so locations doesn't sound like an expensive effort to alter the view of a typical fan.

And, you don't have to go. The hosting site jumped on board so people would come on a Monday between two and five PM to generate business during an otherwise slow time.

And, you can get a free t-shirt, grab a beer and spend time with Huly, Pez and fellow ES fans.

I just want to hear their side of things and try to get an understanding of what is going on and what to expect in the future. I think it will be interesting to listen to with my fellow Redskin fans then we can discuss the situation but at least we are more informed

Not saying the NFLPA is not trying to get the word out, but I believe this is as much about educating fans as it is a media event. The "superfans" are the ones organizing and getting the word out to the fans of their teams. It didn't sound like the NFLPA is spending a lot of money on this event.

One or two guys available via video stream from a webcam answering questions from a dozen or so locations doesn't sound like an expensive effort to alter the view of a typical fan.

And, you don't have to go. The hosting site jumped on board so people would come on a Monday between two and five PM to generate business during an otherwise slow time.

And, you can get a free t-shirt, grab a beer and spend time with Huly, Pez and fellow ES fans.

Don't kid yourself. This is just the NFLPA's attempt to get the fans to support their side. I have no sympathy for billionaire owners or millionaire players. Both fighting over billions of dollars generated by the fans....and we are the ones in the middle and getting screwed by both. I'd be outside picketing if I wasn't so far away.

Players struck several times in the past to get their way and now they want us to cry for them that the owners might lock them out. No sympathy here from S&S.

QUOTE=SkinsGuy;8164727]Agreed. This is just a typical union tactic to try and get a bunch of sob stories out there to generate sympathy from the public.

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

You obviously have never had to participate in a negotiation process and are a fan of billionaire owners screwing fans and players.

You obviously have never had to participate in a negotiation process and are a fan of billionaire owners screwing fans and players.

Please. :rolleyes:

I have no sympathy for players or the owners.

I just know crass maneuvering when I see it. Maybe if you weren't so radically pro-union, you'd see it too. :)

If your position on things is as hardened as you are showing here, I would guess a lot of your negotiations failed.

Archived