Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Radiohead's New Album out this Saturday

SuperBash

That came out of the blue... figured it would be this summer. Awesome news! Now let's see if they decide to headline Bonnaroo again in support... either way, Radiohead puts on an amazing live show. If you're a fan of theirs, it's almost a religious experience.

Guess its a good time to throw that in rainbows box lp up on ebay. I hated that album.

Yep, you're nuts. Overall, it's probably my favorite Radiohead album. Seeing them perform those songs in concert was just unbelievable.

Ok, I didn't know that. But my point was, they are nowhere near as good. And I never even started hearing about them until after Coldplay. They must have been late-bloomers or something.

Their first hit single was on MTV and topping the charts before Coldplay even existed.

And they won a Grammy Award for best alternative album, and were nominated for Best Album, less than a year after Coldplay came into existence. Coldplay's first popular song didn't even come out for 3 more years, in 2000.

The castrophe that was the bristow show on the in rainbows tour pretty much sealed the deal for me. They were horrible, and had to start faust arp three times to get it right. Ill most likely check out the new album, but yeah I think im gonna get my money back on that box set, I have no need for it. And the guy talking about coldplay... come on now. Go listene to amnesiac and tell me what kind of coldplay wannabe that is... not even close. Not even in their dreams would coldplay have that kind of musical talent. And late bloomers? They were huge inthe 90s....they have been a band for 26 years.

The castrophe that was the bristow show on the in rainbows tour pretty much sealed the deal for me. They were horrible, and had to start faust arp three times to get it right. Ill most likely check out the new album, but yeah I think im gonna get my money back on that box set, I have no need for it.

That sucks. From what I've heard and seen on TV, they're pretty good live. Maybe you just caught them on a bad night?

Is this a serious post?

Completely.

The castrophe that was the bristow show on the in rainbows tour pretty much sealed the deal for me. They were horrible, and had to start faust arp three times to get it right. Ill most likely check out the new album, but yeah I think im gonna get my money back on that box set, I have no need for it. And the guy talking about coldplay... come on now. Go listene to amnesiac and tell me what kind of coldplay wannabe that is... not even close. Not even in their dreams would coldplay have that kind of musical talent. And late bloomers? They were huge inthe 90s....they have been a band for 26 years.

Surely you're not saying they are better than Coldplay?

As for them being huge in the 90s. Didn't know that. Honestly, I don't know much about them. I mean, I've heard of them, but that's about it. I did preview some of their music once and I thought they were atrocious.

lol hilarious

So, you agree?

Well, part of the problem is that their music is just different from Coldplay's. Most of it, anyways. I'm not sure why you even started with that comparison, except that they are one of the early influences of Coldplay...but you wouldn't have known that.

And I do really like Coldplay. Its just different from Radiohead, except for possibly the mostly laid-back quality it has to it.

And, judging from the fact that you like Journey and American Idol, it seems that you appreciate good, clear vocals. That's another reason why you wouldn't like Radiohead...the vocal quality is different from Coldplay....but its also not supposed to be the same type of vocals.

Well, part of the problem is that their music is just different from Coldplay's. Most of it, anyways. I'm not sure why you even started with that comparison, except that they are one of the early influences of Coldplay...but you wouldn't have known that.

And I do really like Coldplay. Its just different from Radiohead, except for possibly the mostly laid-back quality it has to it.

And, judging from the fact that you like Journey and American Idol, it seems that you appreciate good, clear vocals. That's another reason why you wouldn't like Radiohead...the vocal quality is different from Coldplay....but its also not supposed to be the same type of vocals.

I think I said they were Coldplay wannabes because I heard someone else say it. Possibly even on here. But I could have that backwards, since you said RH has been around alot longer. But I can't take anyone seriously that thinks they are a better band. Coldplay has won many awards. I remember they won song of year just a few short years ago. They have a ton of good songs. Too many to list, in fact. Their last album, as a whole, wasn't all that good though, imo.

I think I said they were Coldplay wannabes because I heard someone else say it. Possibly even on here. But I could have that backwards, since you said RH has been around alot longer. But I can't take anyone seriously that thinks they are a better band. Coldplay has won many awards. I remember they won song of year just a few short years ago. They have a ton of good songs. Too many to list, in fact. Their last album, as a whole, wasn't all that good though, imo.

Absolutely. Love Coldplay. Love Radiohead too. They're just different. I know plenty of people who are big Coldplay fans who just don't care for Radiohead, and vice-versa as well.

However, I don't like the whole Copyright infringement lawsuit. That's just ****ing embarrassing for a group of very famous, very popular musicians.

From what I've heard and seen on TV, they're pretty good live.

I saw them once a couple years ago and it was incredible.

I'll scream that from the top of the very highest mountain. Radiohead has been one of the best, most influential bands in the last 20 years. They're not for everyone, and I'm fine with that... but the fact that you've only "previewed" their music "once" along with a few of your other priceless quotes means you should probably just not post in a Radiohead thread anymore.

And just for the record, saying Radiohead is a Coldplay wannabe is like going in a Phish thread and saying they are String Cheese Incident wannabes... but even that might not make sense, because at least those bands are pretty similar.

I'll scream that from the top of the very highest mountain. Radiohead has been one of the best, most influential bands in the last 20 years. They're not for everyone, and I'm fine with that... but the fact that you've only "previewed" their music "once" along with a few of your other priceless quotes means you should probably just not post in a Radiohead thread anymore.

And just for the record, saying Radiohead is a Coldplay wannabe is like going in a Phish thread and saying they are String Cheese Incident wannabes... but even that might not make sense, because at least those bands are pretty similar.

I can name, just off the top of my head, 7 "great" Coldplay songs (in no particular order) that are probably better than anything Radiohead has ever put out:

1. Viva la Vida

2. Clocks

3. In My Place

4. Yellow

5. Speed of Sound

6. The Scientist

7. Fix you

Bubble it sounds like you've barely given Radiohead a chance, and that's a shame because you're really missing out on some amazing stuff. Before you try to make a comparison of the two bands, it's only fair to give both bands a good listen, otherwise it's difficult to take your opinion seriously. I'm a fan of both bands and they are both great in their own right.

Radiohead a ripoff of Coldplay?? I mean that's almost not even worth responding to. Coldplay has readily cited Radiohead as a big influence. It's painfully obvious you don't know what you are talking about to make a statement like that.

The first time I heard Coldplay, all I could hear was Radiohead and it took me a while to get past that. It was clear they drew heavily on that influence especially on their early stuff.

Just look at this from their wiki page:

Coldplay's early material was compared to acts such as Radiohead, U2, A-ha, and Travis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coldplay

---------- Post added February-17th-2011 at 08:46 AM ----------

You're far too kind. I would say someone who likes American Idol and Journey probably have a very shallow taste in music.

I can name, just off the top of my head, 7 "great" Coldplay songs (in no particular order) that are probably better than anything Radiohead has ever put out:

I like a good bit of Coldplay but they have never put out a song as good as Airbag, Paranoid Android, Street Spirit, Fake Plastic Trees, House of Cards, Bodysnatchers, and Reckoner, to name a few.

Archived