Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins owner Dan Snyder seeks dismissal of City Paper writer (Update: Links to court papers included)

JimmiJo

I talked to several 'skins fans at the gym this morning (whom I've never met) and every single one of them said that no matter the outcome of this issue they wished that Snyder would just sell the team.

People on here defending this ass clown must think that it will lead to perks such as season tickets.:ols:

And Snyder was a fan of the team long before you were even the stuff that becomes sperm. BFD.

And the team still belonged to the CITY OF WASHINGTON long before that!

When he moves the team, then he can do what he wants with it. But until then, I'm gonna voice my opinion on it because his stupidity has a direct affect on my work week, my productivity and the general mood of this area. Have you noticed how much this message board has been talking about their despise for Snyder lately? Its not because he's some random team. Its because he always finds a way to play with our emotions, and normally its a way of pissing us off to the greatest extent.

---------- Post added February-4th-2011 at 01:53 PM ----------

Snyder owns the Washington DC NFL franchise, but I think the precendent the NFL set with the Browns and Oilers, would support the notion that the team's name, colors and associated history "belong" to the city (us), and not the owner.

exactly.

If you consider it your team. Take it back. Stop putting $ in his pocket.

FWIW, I"m not going to buy the NFL Sunday ticket again next year. Its pretty expensive (even after negotiating a reduced rate), and I've realized that (as someone who lives outside of DC), I can get a good chunk of the (nationally televised) games already, and will try to watch the others on the web. Doing so, isn't necessarily precipitated by this, but it does make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not contributing revenue to the coffers. I assume the NFL gets a good fee from DirecTV.

FWIW, I"m not going to buy the NFL Sunday ticket again next year. Its pretty expensive (even after negotiating a reduced rate), and I've realized that (as someone who lives outside of DC), I can get a good chunk of the (nationally televised) games already, and will try to watch the others on the web. Doing so, isn't necessarily precipitated by this, but it does make me feel a little better knowing that I'm not contributing revenue to the coffers. I assume the NFL gets a good fee from DirecTV.

Good for you. Honestly. Take it a step further, refrain from buying skins merchandise.

Archived