Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2011 Senior Bowl Week Official Thread

killerbee99

Mods, can we please merge all the Senior Bowl threads under here.....getting a headache trying to track all these threads down.

Hopefully this would make it easier for anyone to access the info they need for the senior bow

Here are three good sites you can go to to get daily updates on practices and drills

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/Senior-Bowl.php

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2011.php

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/

I want to see Jarvis Jenkins from Clesmon...He's a big boy at 6'4" / 315, and just what the Redskins need on the D-Line. In addition to JJ, looking forward to watching the Lines...I'm hoping Redskin scouts are taking a nice look at interior linemen. I don't know much about the LB corp on either the South or North, so It'll be good to pay attention to those guys too. Basically, I'm hoping the Redskins pretty much draft all O / D Linemen and Linebackers. Get a solid corp of depth / youth, then go after the fancy schmancy positions next year.

from scout.com on foxsports

ScoutNFL: stanza effective in running a nice play action but couldn't connect with the wide open receiver about 10 yards down field Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:42 ScoutNFL

10:41 ScoutNFL: Oklahoma RB Demarco Murray continues to look good this morning Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:41 ScoutNFL

10:37 ScoutNFL: Motte Dame DT Ian Williams has looked really good. He has a lot of power in his legs and has been pushing these veteran offensive linemen back and back

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:37 ScoutNFL

10:36 ScoutNFL: Cal DE Cameron Jordan looks really quick off the edge

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:36 ScoutNFL

10:35 ScoutNFL: Owen Marecic is proving to be an effective outlet receiver, making some nice catches on check down options. He has shown strong hands and the ability to stretch the field down the seams, making him an intriguing h-back prospect

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:35 ScoutNFL

10:33 ScoutNFL: Locker is heating up with three completions in a row

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:33 ScoutNFL

10:32 ScoutNFL: Locker now up at QB, good motion on a 10 yd pass to the TE

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:32 ScoutNFL

10:31 ScoutNFL: Kapernick still has that wind up motion when he delivers the ball but has been accurate so far in the drill

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:31 ScoutNFL

10:30 ScoutNFL: Kapernick is up next at QB

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:30 ScoutNFL

10:29 ScoutNFL: North Carolina DB Kendric Burney with a diving interception of Stanzi

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:29 ScoutNFL

10:28 ScoutNFL: Stanzi subsequently completes a 15 yard bullet to Niles Paul

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:28 ScoutNFL

10:27 ScoutNFL: Offense and defense now in 7v7s. stanza is first QB up

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:27 ScoutNFL

10:23 ScoutNFL: Punt return candidates: Niles Paul, Dewayne Harris, Titus Young and Da'norris Searcy

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:23 ScoutNFL

10:19 ScoutNFL: qB Jake Locker continues to show good poise in the pocket

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:19 ScoutNFL

10:18 ScoutNFL: Oklahoma State RB Kendall Hunter is a bit undersized but shows the ability to anchor in pass protection, using solid leverage and technique. His tenacity ensures he will not be a liability to pick up blitz packages

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:18 ScoutNFL

10:13 ScoutNFL: Kickers are currently trying 50 plus yard field goals

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:13 ScoutNFL

10:06 ScoutNFL: QB Colin Kapernick completely fooled the defense on a beautiful bootleg that would have been an easy 15 yard TD run

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:06 ScoutNFL

10:04 ScoutNFL: RB Demarco Murray with a nice 20 yard run for a TD

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:04 ScoutNFL

10:03 ScoutNFL: Motte Dame DT Ian Williams met with the Miami Dolphins earlier. For more coverage on the Dolphins, visit www.DolphinDigest.com

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:03 ScoutNFL

10:01 ScoutNFL: Oregon LB Casey Mathews experienced the best and worst of it during one on one pass rushing drills. He showed extreme quickness with a spin move to get to the QB but on the next series was dominated by TE Lee Smith

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:01 ScoutNFL

10:00 ScoutNFL: Ohio State LB Ross Homan is the biggest hitter during individual drills, laying a big pop on BC LB Mark Herzlich. UConn LB Lawrence Wilson also looks good, forcing a fumble on the same drill

Tuesday January 25, 2011 10:00 ScoutNFL

9:57 ScoutNFL: Washington QB Jake Locker's motion looks great today.

Tuesday January 25, 2011 9:57 ScoutNFL

9:57 ScoutNFL: We have noticed a new WR on the roster, Ohio State's Sanzenbacher

Tuesday January 25, 2011 9:57 ScoutNFL

9:55 ScoutNFL: Minnesota Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier is in attendance, for more coverage of the Vikings, visit www.VikingUpdate.com

Tuesday January 25, 2011 9:55 ScoutNFL

9:53 ScoutNFL: Marshall TE Lee Smith made a great one handed catch on a pass from Ricky Stanzi

Tuesday January 25, 2011 9:53 ScoutNFL

9:53 ScoutNFL: Early on Oklahoma RB Demarco Murray was taking snaps from the wildcat

Tuesday January 25, 2011 9:53 ScoutNFL

9:52 ScoutNFL: Some. Of the NFL's top decision makers in attendance are Scott Pioli, Pete Carroll and AJ Smith.

Tuesday January 25, 2011 9:52 ScoutNFL

9:50 ScoutNFL: We are live at the Senior Bowl and the North practice has just started

Tuesday January 25, 2011 9:50 ScoutNFL

Love what I'm seeing about Locker and Murray...it was huge yesterday that many scouts thought Murray could still add 10--15 pounds in an NFL workout program, and keep his speed, etc. Especially since he weighed in at 214, which was higher than expected. A back like him, able to weigh 225-230? That's pretty awesome. He's like a bigger Clinton Portis, with better vision, in my opinion. Or maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to Portis when he was in Denver and still very fast, and they are closer in that regard.

Unfortunately, I don't see him lasting till the 3rd, even if we get a 3rd rounder.

Todd McShay was saying on Sportscenter at around noon...that Von Miller is playing tremendous and what surprised him the most was his ability to drop back into coverage and was covering and staying with running backs extremely well....he said that everyone knows he can rush the pasher....but was surprised about his coverage ability.....maybe with a look for us if we can move back....I think a 10th pick for this guy is a little stretch, but he is a player

You get a headache with multiple threads yet make another one??? There is a 450 page plus draft thread topic, keep it all there.

The Senior bowl while related to the draft, isn't the draft specifically. So it warrants it's own thread. Just like the Combine will, certain Pro Days will, etc. Jamming everything into just one thread makes as little sense as making a new thread for the same topic, those of us who want to keep up with events surrounding the draft don't want to have to wade through page after page of talk about draft prospects who may not even have anything to do with the event.

The Senior bowl while related to the draft, isn't the draft specifically. So it warrants it's own thread. Just like the Combine will, certain Pro Days will, etc. Jamming everything into just one thread makes as little sense as making a new thread for the same topic, those of us who want to keep up with events surrounding the draft don't want to have to wade through page after page of talk about draft prospects who may not even have anything to do with the event.

I agree, i dont want to sort through 600 plus pages of draft stuff. this will make it easier to access what is currently going on

I would love if we could aquire more picks, because there's a boat load of decent defensive players coming out. Too bad he may not last past the first round.

After the week he's been putting up he'll have a Brandon Graham type rise where he goes from late 1st to top 15 pick. If anything we'll have to take him at #10 to make sure we get him

Interesting that no one from Shanahan's staff except the scouts are attending this.

Makes me think that Shanahan has a plan that doesn't involve drafting a QB.

Or like someone stated in the draft thread, he's right now still doing his evals of the team and trusting his scouts on their opinion and then looking at film of the players they talk about to him.

Or like someone stated in the draft thread, he's right now still doing his evals of the team and trusting his scouts on their opinion and then looking at film of the players they talk about to him.

i wasn't speaking of him in particular. Just found it interesting that NO ONE from the staff is there except scouts. Not a QB coach, not a Dline coach, nobody.. just scouts.

i wasn't speaking of him in particular. Just found it interesting that NO ONE from the staff is there except scouts. Not a QB coach, not a Dline coach, nobody.. just scouts.

Oh I know and I'm saying that maybe its still the staff is doing the evals of the players on the team and that's why its only scouts. I'm sure once the combine rolls around and pro days as well it'll be a different story

If you bothered actually reading the draft thread you would see that its main focus is the Senior Bowl. You dont have to wade thru 600 pages just to write something. There are in depth analysis of players there and reviews of players and write ups from the days at Mobile as well. Having two threads saying the exact same stuff is redundant.

Archived