Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would be your Dream (but realistic) offseason moves ?

soljaofjesus

trade Haynesworth to the eagles for there 2011 first rounder 2011 second rounder and 2012 first rounder

trade McNabb to the Cardinals for their 2011 second rounder

resign Carlos Rodgers

trade our first pick to the New England for picks 17 28 and 33

17- Von Miller OLB

23- Cameron Jordan DE

28- Mike Pouncey G

33- Rahim Moore FS

38- Stefen Wisniewski C/G

41- Marvin Austin DT/NT

54- Greg Jones ILB

round 5 pick 1- Rashad Carmichael CB

round 5 pick 2- Terrance Toliver WR

round 6 pick- Delone Carter RB

round 7 pick- Matthew O'Donnell OT

Eagles trade kolb, vick and hanyesworth stink the Eagles go 1-15

with the first pick in the 2012 darft the redskins select Andrew Luck

:)

keeping carlos, rocky, blades

release heyer, carter

trade mcnabb and fat albert for picks

sign ngata as a fa

signing scrabble as a fa corner or joesph from cinci and having los play slot with nnamdi and hall on the outside

siginging o-line in fa(Lutui of Cardinals, Logan Mankins of Pats)

signing champ back home as a saftey or draft Jermale Hines out of Ohio State

draft locker first round(2nd qb on depth chart being rex)

draft a pass rushing olb second (like houston from georgia)

draft siona fua from stanford

some how get Jon Baldwin(WR out of Pitt)

maybe get a 2nd to get this kid by trading ah and mcnabb as a package

I think Bruce has been slowly trying to get the Vinny era out. It will take more than one year. If he releases some of the players we think he'll release/not re-sign, we may be 33 million under the cap going into the year. He's on the right track, give him time. There are only tow areas I disagree with you on. That the Shanahans think they are gods. What they are trying to do is change the team attitude. You can't do that without rubbing some guys the wrong way. The cancers need to be weeded out and if this is the way to do it, so be it. Also, you have to give the 3-4 time. We have 4-3 players at almost every position. Square pegs in round holes at the moment. It took Green Bay a couple of years to make the transition. It will take us a couple.

I just think that the move to the 3-4 was a mistake from the start. Why take what had been our only consistent strength and turn it into another glaring weakness? Especially to put it into the hands of Haslett, who isn't exactly a 3-4 guru.

And as far as the Shannys, I still think they both need to be more flexible with certain things. Why be stubborn and try to force the system to work instead of tweaking it to play to what few strengths we had on offense.

I don't have the link, so I'll probably get railed for it, but I read somewhere that McNabb was trying to offer suggestions to the offense and that's PART of what got him benched.

Successful teams put their players in position to succeed. It seems like the Shannys put our players in position to do exactly as they are told or be benched and humiliated.

Just my perspective, of course.

Trade Cooley and McNabb to Arizona for swaps in rounds 1 and 2. At #5 draft either (cb) Peterson or Amaramuka. 2nd round draft (wr) Jonathan Baldwin

Trade F.Davis and Dockery to Carolina for a 4th---draft (qb) Ricki Stanzi or Ponder

Trade Haynseworth to Chicago for (te) G.Olsen

Draft © Chase Beeler in 5th

Sign Practice Squad players: S- Myron Rolle (Titans), RB- Brandon Minor (Denver), OLB- Shawn Crable (NYJ), C- AQ Shipley (Eagles), WR-Greg Matthews (Rams),

FRA's: (QB) Rex Grossman and B. Gradkowski, (WR) Lance Moore, (OL) Ryan Harris and Jason Spitz, (LB) Paul Posluszny and Kamerion Wimbley (FB) John Kuhn/Brian Leonard

CUT/TRADE: Portis, Beck, Carter, Rabach, Sellers, L.Alexander, Daniels, Holliday, Moss, Doughty

Trade Cooley and McNabb to Arizona for swaps in rounds 1 and 2. At #5 draft either (cb) Peterson or Amaramuka. 2nd round draft (wr) Jonathan Baldwin

Trade F.Davis and Dockery to Carolina for a 4th---draft (qb) Ricki Stanzi

Trade Haynseworth to Chicago for (te) G.Olsen

Draft © Chase Beeler in 5th

Sign Practice Squad players: S- Myron Rolle (Titans), RB- Brandon Minor (Denver), OLB- Shawn Crable (NYJ), C- AQ Shipley (Eagles), WR-Greg Matthews (Rams),

FRA's: (QB) Rex Grossman and B. Gradkowski, (WR) Lance Moore, (OL) Ryan Harris and Jason Spitz, (LB) Paul Posluszny and Kamerion Wimbley (FB) John Kuhn/Brian Leonard

CUT/TRADE: Portis, Beck, Carter, Rabach, Sellers, L.Alexander, Daniels, Holliday, Moss, Doughty

No way we get rid of the OneManGang. All I know is that this year is not a strong one for QBs in the draft and the FA market for QBs is weak as well. I think the Skins will be able to get a third for McNabb just out of the need for a seasoned QB in a lot of the teams around the league.

No way we get rid of the OneManGang. All I know is that this year is not a strong one for QBs in the draft and the FA market for QBs is weak as well. I think the Skins will be able to get a third for McNabb just out of the need for a seasoned QB in a lot of the teams around the league.

Whos One Man Gang???

I just think that the move to the 3-4 was a mistake from the start. Why take what had been our only consistent strength and turn it into another glaring weakness?

This is pretty much the prevailing attitude around town and with the performance of last year's defense it's understandable. But I'm not so sure I'd refer to the Redskins' previous defenses as strengths. Sure statistically they were top 10. But as we know they never forced turnovers, rarely got sacks and essentially never make Plays. They just sort of stopped offenses before the sticks and force punts.

It's tough to win in this league without forcing short fields and/or having your defense score. And when you have an offense like the Redskins have been trotting out there for past decade asking them to go 80 yards on most every possession is a recipe for disaster. The Saints proved that forcing turnovers, not yardage stats, is the way to win in the NFL.

Again not saying the 2010 Redskins defense did anything. But going into last off season I can see why the coaches felt they needed to switch.

This is pretty much the prevailing attitude around town and with the performance of last year's defense it's understandable. But I'm not so sure I'd refer to the Redskins' previous defenses as strengths. Sure statistically they were top 10. But as we know they never forced turnovers, rarely got sacks and essentially never make Plays. They just sort of stopped offenses before the sticks and force punts.

It's tough to win in this league without forcing short fields and/or having your defense score. And when you have an offense like the Redskins have been trotting out there for past decade asking them to go 80 yards on most every possession is a recipe for disaster. The Saints proved that forcing turnovers, not yardage stats, is the way to win in the NFL.

Again not saying the 2010 Redskins defense did anything. But going into last off season I can see why the coaches felt they needed to switch.

I think if you put RAK at DE next to AH, we WOULD get sacks, pressures and turnovers. Thats off course assuming Carlos could catch a cold.......I mean ball

I think if you put RAK at DE next to AH, we WOULD get sacks, pressures and turnovers. Thats off course assuming Carlos could catch a cold.......I mean ball

We run a 3-4 now. Might as well get into it. Since we can't use magic or an easy button, it's gonna take a year or two.

I guess that depends on what your definition of "realistic" is. I see a lot of people posting that we need to sign quite a few FA's. How many can we realistically sign? A lot of the names I see being thrown around here are going to be the top 1 or 2 paid FA players at their respective positions. I think we need to focus on adding players that have connections to the coaching staff who might come here because they think it will be best for their careers, not because we are willing to pay more than any other team. Two free agents that fit the bill are;

Jacoby Jones (WR) Hopefully he would see coming here as a chance to go directly into an offense that he already knows, and that he has all the opportunity in the world to step up and be a #1 receiver. At the very least he provides a large target that we currently lack and provides good competition. We should be able to sign him to a contract that we can get rid of easily if he does not have the work ethic the coaches like.

Davin Joseph (OG) I understand he was drafted by Allen in Tampa. Perhaps Allen could convince him to come here. Coming off an injury I think we could sign him to an incentive laden deal, that again allows us to part ways, or accept putting him on the bench if he doesn't pan out.

I think we really need to avoid signing players to contracts that make it impossible to cut them and make us obligated to start them. That's why I think players like Vjax and Woodley would be mistakes to sign.

So otherwise I'd look at any free agent D-lineman who we can sign to a reasonable contract to come in and compete. If we could get a NT that would be ideal.

As far as the draft I'd say the most realistic scenario is that we end up picking where we are. I'd love to trade down, but that is so hard to predict. If we keep our current picks I'd hope for;

1. Von Miller-we need a presence on the other side of orakpo. from what I've read, he could be a really good linebacker for us right away since he played a hybrid position in college. If the staff is worried about his size, then maybe we take the best D-lineman available. If the coaching staff thinks a QB is worth taking, then of course go for it.

2. Stefan Wisniewski- can play guard or center. We end up with Stefan, Montgomerey, Lichtensteiger, and Joseph competing for three spots on the interior. I hope it ends up with Stefan at LG, Montgomerey at C, and Joseph at RG.

I have no idea what we could get for McNabb or Haynesworth. Sticking with the realistic theme, it seems like 3rd round would be a great deal. If its possible to get a higher pick in 2012, I think that would be an ideal situation. Stock pile picks and maybe have some extra ammo to move up for a QB next year.

Anything else is icing on the cake imo. I think this team is in need of a large infusion of young talent. We shouldn't overspend and its going to take more than one year to put it all together.

I guess that depends on what your definition of "realistic" is. I see a lot of people posting that we need to sign quite a few FA's. How many can we realistically sign? A lot of the names I see being thrown around here are going to be the top 1 or 2 paid FA players at their respective positions. I think we need to focus on adding players that have connections to the coaching staff who might come here because they think it will be best for their careers, not because we are willing to pay more than any other team. Two free agents that fit the bill are;

Jacoby Jones (WR) Hopefully he would see coming here as a chance to go directly into an offense that he already knows, and that he has all the opportunity in the world to step up and be a #1 receiver. At the very least he provides a large target that we currently lack and provides good competition. We should be able to sign him to a contract that we can get rid of easily if he does not have the work ethic the coaches like.

Davin Joseph (OG) I understand he was drafted by Allen in Tampa. Perhaps Allen could convince him to come here. Coming off an injury I think we could sign him to an incentive laden deal, that again allows us to part ways, or accept putting him on the bench if he doesn't pan out.

I think we really need to avoid signing players to contracts that make it impossible to cut them and make us obligated to start them. That's why I think players like Vjax and Woodley would be mistakes to sign.

So otherwise I'd look at any free agent D-lineman who we can sign to a reasonable contract to come in and compete. If we could get a NT that would be ideal.

I agree with this. I think it would be worth signing Ryan Kalil to a big contract IF he's willing to come play here. I also think a speedy WR who can stretch the field like Sidney Rice would be perfect for Kyle Shanny's offense and would be willing to pay a bit more for him. But other than those two guys I think we should focus on players that have connections to the coaching staff who might come here because they think it will be best for their careers, not because we are willing to pay more than any other team. The reality is that the Skins were not a very good team last year and there is nothing that indicates we will be a really good team next year so most big name free agents will either want to go to a team that is competing for a Super Bowl soon or a team that is going to break the bank. I don't want to be the team that breaks the bank anymore. So ideally I would love for us to:

(a) sign Kalil;

(B) sign Sidney Rice or a servicable wide out including V Jax if we can get him without an unreasonable contract;

© sign as many players to fill positions of need who will at least compete for starting positions (OLB, ILB, OG, WR, FS, DE, NT) to incentive laden free agent contracts and hope to find one or two gems.

(d) trade our 1st round draft pick (2011) and Haynesworth to the Carolina Panthers for their 1st and 2nd round picks next year (2012)

(e) trade McNabb for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year (2011).

(f) draft Phil Taylor or best NT available with our 2nd round pick assuming we sign Kalil - or draft Stefan Wisniewski if we do not sign Kalil.

(g) use 2nd or 3rd for McNabb and remaining picks for BPA for positions of need (OL, DE, OLB, ILB, WR, RB, QB, FS)

Use Carolina Panthers (2012) 1st round pick (if they have terrible season) or both Panthers pick and Redskins (2012) 1st round to move up and draft Andrew Luck

...Again not saying the 2010 Redskins defense did anything. But going into last off season I can see why the coaches felt they needed to switch.

True. But it seems to me that more coaching focus on sacks/takeaways could have gotten improvement in those areas without taking that huge step backwards.

I guess that's why I'm an outsider to the actual decision making process...

We run a 3-4 now. Might as well get into it. Since we can't use magic or an easy button, it's gonna take a year or two.

I know what we run, read what I responded to. Poster said why did we make a strength, a weakness. Then said it was because we didnt get pressure and TO's. I was just commenting that it was possibly a mistake to stand RAK up and that putting him next to AH as a 4-3 DE would have produced results in sacks/pressures and TO's.

Archived