Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seat Upgrade Advice Requested

bryantlc

Where a fan likes to sit is very much personal preference. Some prefer to be Upper Deck midfield instead of Lower Level End Zone. With that I know I will get a varied response.

I am torn about upgrading my seats. After years in Upper Deck Section 425 I was upgraded to Section 214 Row 11. I love these seats. Corner End Zone under cover from rain or hot sun. Until I got these seats I was always under the impression that the best seats would slowly progress to Lower Level midfield. After this season not having to sweat to death/sunburn or not getting wet such as the Tampa game I really enjoy the 200s section.

I am considering the upgrade option:

- Automatically upgrade my Lower Level Seats at least one section closer to mid-field at or near my same row.

What worries me is a few things. First, I want to stay in the 200s sections. From the wording it states near my same row, so in theory I would stay in the 200s. Another worry is there are a lot of leaks from the club level down into the 200s. Mark has compiled an excellent list of which seats to avoid. Unforunately the Redskins do not ask if you want seats X before they move you. We find out after the fact. If I get moved to a seat that has the leaking issues(some seats it is more like a waterfall) it will take away one of the benefits from being undercover. Lastly, I have noticed if I move closer to midfield towards the visitor side it appears to always have much more opposing fans than normal. Apparently it is where they give the visiting teams seats. It would take away from the atmosphere sitting among the opposing teams fans, especially with our current winning percentage.

So, fellow Redskins fan, what is your opinion? Would you just hold tight on Section 214 or roll the dice and try to move closer to midfield? Hopefully Mark himself will read this and have some advice.

210_FedExField_Football_tn_Seating_Chart.jpg

For me personally, if your budget itself isn't an issue, I would go for whatever seats give you the best view of the game, everytime. (Of course, having a waterfall on your head could change that). I am an out of towner, only been to Fed Ex once, and they were incredible 45 yard line, lower level seats on the visiting side. It was 2003 vs. The Pats, their last loss before they started the crazy winning streak. There were a good number of Pats fan behind their team's bench, but they were still incredibly outnumbered. I wouldn't let the amount of visiting fans worry you, because when the franchise starts becoming a winner again, that problem will take care of itself.

I have been to a handful of stadiums for football, and to me, I always give preference to seats that will get me an actual better view of the game itself. The middle of the field, no matter what level, tends to be the best view of the game in any situation no matter what is happening on the field. It might not be the rowdiest or the loudest consistently, but if I pay money to be at the game, I want to be able to watch it without the use of video screens as much as possible,

I'm pretty much in the same situation you are, just the other end/side of the field. I was in 230 and did not want to upgrade toward the 50 on the visitors side of the field. The extra cave seats make lines for concession/restroom to long, plus you get a lot of opposing fans in those seats. I was able to get them to move me to the home side (235) last offseason. Now I hope to slowly progress to the sidelines on the home side of the field in the 200's. Who knows with the ticket office how it will actually work.

One thing you could try to do to minimize any problems is ask the ticket office to add a statement to your account saying you prefer to be in row X or higher in the 200 section you are assigned to. There are never any guarantees, but I think the TO is trying to work with fans more than they had in the past. I seem to recall that Mark had noted that the leaking seats tend to start in a certain row.

Also, I would do what HOF44 suggested and see if you can get switched to the home field side. Several years ago, I had the TO agent add a note to my account that I preferred to be moved as close to the home side as possible when I was upgraded to the lower level. I did that several years ago and last year they put me in section 109 which is the closest end zone section to the home sidelines. Previously, I was in section 424 on the visitors side. And most of the upgrades reported on this board last year were to the middle end zone or visitor side end zone; so I think it helped.....but who knows.

Sounds like the main thing you're worried about is being leaked on. And that's a good thing to worry about, because I am sure the people being leaked on are complaining and wanting to be moved - making them newly vacant and available for your upgrade. :) But if the TO is true to their word and keeps you near your row way up in row 11, you should be safe. The leaking seats are half a dozen rows down, closer to the edge.

Archived