Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Homer: 10 stats from Redskins 2010 season

themurf

Well the most humorous/fustrating stat I saw reading this thread is our record vs playoff teams. Are we serious?? 3-1 that's the things that I hassle over the entire off-season..

If it makes you feel better, that's just against the NFC playoff teams. The Redskins lost to Indianapolis, so they're 3-2 against all playoff teams.

I'll say it again.

I predict if Rex Grossman is our starting QB next year -- and I think he will be -- he will have a better year than Donovan McNabb wherever is he starting. IF he is starting somewhere.

Always been a Donny Mac fan, but I fear he's pretty much done as an effective NFL starter.

Wow, I didn't even mean to defend Grossman, I was just trying to get a fair look at the statistics. Murf, you averaged out his fumbles over an entire season, and that says the guy has huge issues holding onto the ball, but averaging out his other stats also says he was better than any QB in the league as far as production goes, so you can't have it both ways man.

Also, fumbles are bad no matter who recovered them. Even when you do recover them your team, most often, loses yardage and a down. There's nothing good about "recovering a fumble" unless you're on defense.

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 01:58 PM ----------

It's not a turnover unless the other team capitalizes on it. No different than a quarterback nearly throwing an interception. I'm not interested in making half categories for hypothetical situations because "what if the Redskins didn't recover the ball ..."

I would argue that the "near interception" SHOULD definitely be counted against the QB.

Honestly, if you were able to look at all the QBs in the league, how many "near interceptions" do you think Tom Brady throws compared to Rex Grossman. I would guess a **** load. I'd rather have the guy who isn't throwing the ball into the defense's numbers than the guy who throws it at a defender so hard it bounces off his chest. It's the same as a fumble to me, loss of down and nothing good comes from it.

I wish the league actually kept stats on how many "near INTs" the QB threw, you'd have a much more accurate look at how good the player is.

It's just clear that some people can't accept that Mcnabb was awful this year. They tried to blame his receivers and "lack of weapons". They can't do that anymore because Grossman came in with the same lack of weapons and the passing game was more productive. Now they're moving onto blaming the scheme. We're supposed to believe them when they try to convince us that there's a scheme out there in which a QB who struggles to consistently make a simple pitch-and-catch without throwing it into the ground will thrive. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until next season for definitive, objective evidence that Mcnabb's inconsistency makes him a liability in any scheme. Once we see that Mcnabb doesn't work in any scheme, there will likely be another excuse - he was too old, he didn't know our scheme (even though he played more games in it than Grossman did), etc.

My prediction is that they will ultimately focus their rage on Shannahan the GM, saying Mcnabb was a bad fit or was too old. What they don't realize is that Grossman supporters are also upset with Shannahan, but we at least respect the fact that he cut his losses and didn't stick with something that was obviously not going to work. Everyone agrees that Shannahan the GM took an L on the Mcnabb idea, but the Mcnabb supporters will try to convince us all that Grossman's supporters weren't blaming Shannahan.

So there you have it - a summary of Homer McFanboy for the next 2 seasons, all condensed into one post. Enjoy, guys.

It's just clear that some people can't accept that Mcnabb was awful this year. They tried to blame his receivers and "lack of weapons". They can't do that anymore because Grossman came in with the same lack of weapons and the passing game was more productive. Now they're moving onto blaming the scheme. We're supposed to believe them when they try to convince us that there's a scheme out there in which a QB who struggles to consistently make a simple pitch-and-catch without throwing it into the ground will thrive. Unfortunately, we will have to wait until next season for definitive, objective evidence that Mcnabb's inconsistency makes him a liability in any scheme. Once we see that Mcnabb doesn't work in any scheme, there will likely be another excuse - he was too old, he didn't know our scheme (even though he played more games in it than Grossman did), etc.

My prediction is that they will ultimately focus their rage on Shannahan the GM, saying Mcnabb was a bad fit or was too old. What they don't realize is that Grossman supporters are also upset with Shannahan, but we at least respect the fact that he cut his losses and didn't stick with something that was obviously not going to work. Everyone agrees that Shannahan the GM took an L on the Mcnabb idea, but the Mcnabb supporters will try to convince us all that Grossman's supporters weren't blaming Shannahan.

So there you have it - a summary of Homer McFanboy for the next 2 seasons, all condensed into one post. Enjoy, guys.

I was a fan of the Donovan McNabb trade. I was not a fan of how McNabb played this year. I was also not thrilled with how the benching was handled in Detroit. I have never been overwhelmed by anything Rex Grossman has ever done on a football field. And yet, I have no issue admitting Grossman was a much better fit for what Mike and Kyle Shanahan are trying to run here in Washington.

Now, I'm ready to move on. That means trying to get something for McNabb in a trade and finding a legitimate number-one quarterback who can become the leader the franchise needs. Grossman is Todd Collins in this scenario. He's a one-trick pony who is only going to flourish under this one system, but that doesn't mean the Redskins want him as their starter. As with many other areas on this roster, the Redskins need to get younger and get better talent at quarterback.

Truth is - once McNabb is gone, I don't care where he goes. Like Jason Campbell (Oakland went 8-5 in games he played this year), I'll wish him well, but I only care about the Redskins in this.

So there you have it - a summary of Homer McFanboy for the next few months, all condensed into one post. Enjoy, guys.

I was a fan of the Donovan McNabb trade. I was not a fan of how McNabb played this year. I was also not thrilled with how the benching was handled in Detroit. I have never been overwhelmed by anything Rex Grossman has ever done on a football field. And yet, I have no issue admitting Grossman was a much better fit for what Mike and Kyle Shanahan are trying to run here in Washington.

Now, I'm ready to move on. That means trying to get something for McNabb in a trade and finding a legitimate number-one quarterback who can become the leader the franchise needs. Grossman is Todd Collins in this scenario. He's a one-trick pony who is only going to flourish under this one system, but that doesn't mean the Redskins want him as their starter. As with many other areas on this roster, the Redskins need to get younger and get better talent at quarterback.

Truth is - once McNabb is gone, I don't care where he goes. Like Jason Campbell (Oakland went 8-5 in games he played this year), I'll wish him well, but I only care about the Redskins in this.

So there you have it - a summary of Homer McFanboy for the next few months, all condensed into one post. Enjoy, guys.

I agree 100% with this ^^. I'm not sure if there's anything else to add.

Archived