Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget about Luck! Carolina will not pass him up if available...

donpappagiorgio

Well you're right in a sense. It's hard to imagine him being brittle when he keeps his jersey nice and shiny, playing against fierce pass rushers of the WAC conference no? A guy like him wouldn't last very long in the NFL, where you have QB's 40 pounds heavier than him getting knocked into next week.

I dunno, Flutie managed make it out alive against the feared pass rushes of the ACC and survive as a backup in the NFL. But I do agree Moore isn't meant to be an NFL QB.

If Luck is smart -- and he clearly is -- he will refuse to sign with the Panthers. They're on record as saying they want to do things cheap and cut corners. Why would you want to go to that kind of organization? No one outside of Carolina would hold it against him if he said no way to them.

Now, let's talk about the Broncos.

They have the number two pick.

Elway is running things. He went to Stanford.

Tebow is still a crapshoot. I was at the Texans game. He was a blast to watch, but the Texans have the worst D in the league. Against the Chargers, it was clear the coaching staff doesn't think he can make many NFL throws.

Enter Jim Harbaugh. Also went to Stanford. Pals with Elway.

Enter Andrew Luck.

The Stanford trio might be in Denver next year. A long shot? Sure. But I could see it happening.

To the OP, I'm still not convinced. Carolina is cheap. IF they install a rookie cap, then it's a done deal. But if we go into the draft with no rookie scale in place (though I think there will be), Carolina won't be so quick to make that pick.

There's a different between being cheap and trying to be smart. Richardson, a co-chair in the CBA talks believes a lockout is coming and used the '10 season to try to get his franchise in order, to do well afterward. If he's wrong and there's not a lockout, it's only the loss of a season and they have the #1 overall pick to show for it. If he's right, every owner in the league will wish they had followed him. He has never been cheap without reason though. Fox and staff were the 5th highest paid coaching staff in the NFL. He paid Peppers over 1m a game in '09 and gave Delhomme a huge contract in '09. Plus, the Panthers, before trimming the fat due to the CBA, , has always been up there when it comes to paying players and coaches either a fair value or more than they're actually worth. He has already stated, he will open the purse strings again, he will spend however much it takes to field a winning team again next season (Whether '11 if the CBA gets settled or in '12 if there is a lockout).

If Luck is smart -- and he clearly is -- he will refuse to sign with the Panthers. They're on record as saying they want to do things cheap and cut corners. Why would you want to go to that kind of organization? No one outside of Carolina would hold it against him if he said no way to them.

Tebow is still a crapshoot. I was at the Texans game. He was a blast to watch, but the Texans have the worst D in the league. Against the Chargers, it was clear the coaching staff doesn't think he can make many NFL throws.

Enter Andrew Luck.

The Stanford trio might be in Denver next year. A long shot? Sure. But I could see it happening.

Actually I think you have a viable scenario.

And this could turn into another Eli Manning situation where Luck would refuse to play for Carolina, thus forcing him to be traded to Dever.

Enter Andrew Luck.

Richardson has never bowed to the orders of players. Luck would not get traded, even if he refused to play. He'd have to sit out a year and there's a good chance the Panthers will have the #1 pick the following year as well, if Clausen is starting for them next season. I can see the whole thing going down again.

Actually I think you have a viable scenario.

And this could turn into another Eli Manning situation where Luck would refuse to play for Carolina, thus forcing him to be traded to Dever.

Or like Elway refusing the Colts and getting shopped to Denver....the circle never ends.

Blaine Gabbert

I really like this kid he just has never played in a Pro style offense. I am not sure if he is worth the 10th pick.

from Dukes and Skins, He was the most highly recruited guy out of HS for having the ability to play the pro style offense, some are even saying Big Ben 2.0, but needs a little more mobility work in the pocket

Richardson has never bowed to the orders of players. Luck would not get traded, even if he refused to play. He'd have to sit out a year and there's a good chance the Panthers will have the #1 pick the following year as well, if Clausen is starting for them next season. I can see the whole thing going down again.

I didn't realize you guys not only drafted Clausen, but Pike too. Stock piling QB's down there or what?

I didn't realize you guys not only drafted Clausen, but Pike too. Stock piling QB's down there or what?

They also drafted the QB out of Appalachian St....I dont remember his name, and he is supposedly being used as a wideout, but that makes 3 QB's the panthers drafted last year. Blows my mind that they actually need to draft another this year....

Lame duck coach and I think the entire front office was scared. They had just released Delhomme. For the first time in 8 years, they didn't know what to do with the QB position.

I'm a little unsure why so many people think he'd refuse to play for Carolina. Aside from this lame duck year where they were putting in a lot of 2nd round or higher qbs in an attempt to see which one sucks the least, the Panthers have always been respectable to their Qbs. To their players. With a new coaching staff and about 50m+ under the cap (once a new cap is in place), Luck will be the centerpiece of an entire system built around him and the RBs that the Panthers also stockpile.

Denver has Tebow. Tebow still holds the record for Jersey sales. I don't see them getting rid of him. He's as popular as they come over there.

Denver has Tebow. Tebow still holds the record for Jersey sales. I don't see them getting rid of him. He's as popular as they come over there.

This is true. Again, I was at the Houston game and they were already saying Tebow was the next Elway. But if they somehow get Harbaugh, all Tebow bets are off.

But it looks like San Fran is the place for Harbaugh. They have a ton of draft picks this year. If Luck lets it be known he doesn't want to play in Carolina but for his old coach, we could see a huge trade.

Lame duck coach and I think the entire front office was scared. They had just released Delhomme. For the first time in 8 years, they didn't know what to do with the QB position.

I'm a little unsure why so many people think he'd refuse to play for Carolina. Aside from this lame duck year where they were putting in a lot of 2nd round or higher qbs in an attempt to see which one sucks the least, the Panthers have always been respectable to their Qbs. To their players. With a new coaching staff and about 50m+ under the cap (once a new cap is in place), Luck will be the centerpiece of an entire system built around him and the RBs that the Panthers also stockpile.

Selling jerseys doesn't win football games. Plus Tebow was McDaniels' guy. A new coach more than likely wouldn't want Tebow as their QB.

So many people get all enamored by size and arm strength and that is not everything about being an NFL quarterback. I think if you have a decent arm, but are smart with intangibles and football IQ, I will take that over physicality any time. I want to know, do you make good decisions. Can you read a defense. Are you smart. Are you cerebral. Do you have a feel for the game. Are you clutch. Yes, I think Luck can be all those things and I would definitely rate him over Moore. But I think Moore is going to be a steal for a team that runs a west coast offense later in the draft next year. Protect him and he will pick a defense apart.

Archived