Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Betts vs Candidate?

Thinking Skins

Candidate came back and had some nice runs in the second half of the game but overall there's no doubt in my mind that Betts is the better of the two running backs.

Now could everybody please shut up about Wattson being a better back than Betts please? :)

Betts still just stands there when the hole isnt there! Canidate makes something happen! Canidate looked awesome late in the game! He almost broke a couple.

But here's what I'm saying! It worked, SO WHY CHANGE!!! WHY PICK ONE, keep rotating them Canidate gets 2 series, Betts gets 2! Why change something that worked, they were always fresh and they both got the job done!!!

I still like Trung more though, Betts earned more respect from me tonight becuase he did a really great job, but i still like Trung more.

Originally posted by Skins26

Betts still just stands there when the hole isnt there! Canidate makes something happen! Canidate looked awesome late in the game! He almost broke a couple.

Candidate looks so great late in the game because the defense is tired. Its nothing wrong with that though. I'd just run Betts more in the first half to wear down the defense and then throw in a combo of Betts and Candidate in the second half, with a mixture of Morton in both halfs. Its gonna be a nice season.

Well, Spurrier said he was going to run the ball more this year. For the Gun part of this offense to work we need to sustain drives and a sound running game does that. In the second quarter Betts was impressive running behind the left guard and tackle and that threat made the D play honest. It set up all that Nutty Coles goodness.

It looks like the fun n gun should be renamed the run n gun. I expect if the Skins can stay in games we'll see the hot runner get 15 to 20 carries and the day's number two will get 8 to 15. Betts and Canidate may tandem all year as the 49ers do with Barlow and Hearst. Both backs took care of the ball, and I thought Betts showed good awareness trying to get back to cover the fumble. Each back was over 4 yards per carry so they'll get good grades for tonight.

Their different styles seemed to keep the Jets off guard. In the 4th quarter Trung was getting good yards on cutbacks after the Jets had gotten conditioned to chasing the road grader Betts up the middle.

Archived