Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Already Have More Wins This Year Than Last Year

UltimateSkins

Are kidding me, you are going to compare what the kid did in Denver to what Shanny is doing? Lets see McDaniels was given the youngest offensive in the league, the offense was ranked 3rd that year.

Starting O-

Offensive Starters Complete Team Stats

QB Jay Cutler* 25 2 16 384 for 616, 4,526 yards, 25 td, 18 int, & 57 rushes for 200 yards and 2 td Denver Broncos / 1st / 11th pick / 2006

RB Peyton Hillis 22 Rook 6 68 rushes for 343 yards, 5 td, & 14 catches for 179 yards and 1 td Denver Broncos / 7th / 227th pick / 2008

RB Selvin Young 25 1 5 61 rushes for 303 yards, 1 td, & 3 catches for 16 yards and 0 td

WR Brandon Marshall* 24 2 15 104 catches for 1,265 yards, 6 td, & 2 rushes for -4 yards and 0 td Denver Broncos / 4th / 119th pick / 2006

WR Eddie Royal 22 Rook 15 91 catches for 980 yards, 5 td, & 11 rushes for 109 yards and 0 td Denver Broncos / 2nd / 42nd pick / 2008

TE Daniel Graham 30 6 16 32 catches for 389 yards, 4 td New England Patriots / 1st / 21st pick / 2002

TE Tony Scheffler 25 2 7 40 catches for 645 yards, 3 td, & 1 rush for -1 yards and 0 td Denver Broncos / 2nd / 61st pick / 2006

LT Ryan Clady 22 Rook 16 Denver Broncos / 1st / 12th pick / 2008

LG Ben Hamilton 31 6 16 Denver Broncos / 4th / 113th pick / 2001

C Casey Wiegmann* 35 11 16

RG Chris Kuper 26 2 16 1 fumble recovered Denver Broncos / 5th / 161st pick / 2006

RT Ryan Harris 23 1 16 Denver Broncos / 3rd / 70th pick / 2007

Look at how young that team was when he got fired MY GOD if they were able to grow up and mature as a team that offense could have been great great great for years. AND I might add can you see how many of those players are DRAFT picks by Shanny the man so many say cannot find talent. Shanny at almost every position on offense has far less talent then what he left McD in Denver.

While this team is sinking faster than a lead weight to the bottom of a river, let's keep in mind that we didn't face a team with a win until week 7. Not a winning record, mind you. A single win. And we won 2 of those games. We lost to terrible KC and Carolina last year. This team has a long way to go, but let's not pretend that we are in anyway not improved or worse off from last year. That's idiotic.

I do feel like we wasted this year. We needed to completely gut this team and that should've started this year. I'll be fine with losing if I knew we were truely rebuilding. This year, we basically did everything to try to be competitive this year. We have seen that approach fail.

We DID gut the team. Aren't about half the players from last year's roster gone?

Look, it is what it is. We had little talent and few draft picks heading into the offseason, and it was a terrible FA crop this past year. What did you want, Shanny to cut EVERYONE?

They still needed to field a team this season.

Impatience over the past decade in this case is understandable. Impatience for one season is not.

The team is clearly better this year than it was last year. Maybe it will better next year than it was this year.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he inherited a viable defense. Defense can win games.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he went into a win now mode, acquiring McNabb and Brown for picks. Vinny no where in sight.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he works for Dan NEVER Rebuild Snyder.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he is a proven SB winning coach that accepted an obvious win now job.

Does anyone really think this is his version of a rebuild? This is him trying to win folks.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he inherited a viable defense. Defense can win games.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he went into a win now mode, acquiring McNabb and Brown for picks. Vinny no where in sight.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he works for Dan NEVER Rebuild Snyder.

We expected Shanahan to turn a 4-12 team into a playoff contender instantly because he is a proven SB winning coach that accepted an obvious win now job.

Does anyone really think this is his version of a rebuild? This is him trying to win folks.

Posts like this make my head hurt...

Only an idiot thought Shanny/Allen were going to instantly turn this team into a playoff team, overnight. This team is still comprised of backups/players who won't be here in 2 years. For the umpteeth billionth time, they traded picks for McNabb, not Brown. They swapped picks and we got Brown: a 3rd rnd pick for Brown AND a 5th. Please get your facts straight before posting.

This team is still in shambles, and it will take a long time to fix. But anyone that is calling for Shannahan to be fired, hell even Haslett to be fired, is a prime example of the problem, not the solution...

I can't speak for anyone else but I would hope that most of us fans never actually thought that Shanahan would turn this team into playoff contenders in just 1 season. Thats's just not realistic for any coach.

But I for one thought we would at least look respectable instead of the usual goofy, Keystone Cop Redskin team we've been getting for the last couple of years. Last year we had the swing gate, this year we get historically pummeled on Monday night in front of the nation.

It's one thing to lose games. We lose them ugly

Skins fans have a right to vent. We have a proud heritage and are tired of seeing weak teams years after year

A guy at my work, not a Skins fan, said watching last week's Giants/Skins game he felt like our team was a group of guys playing 'pick up' on a school yard. No feel at all amongst the players. No chemistry. I had to laugh at that one.

We continue to take the 'bandaid' approach to putting talent together and well the McNabb move? At least we can get out of it after a year but damn does Philly look smart at this point with our draft pick(s). Dallas may be worse record wise at the moment but we are hands down the worst team----again----in the NFC East. And we won't likely win another game this year.

I look at the other teams in our division and each one of them is literally miles ahead of us from a talent spotting perspective. I think all three teams are better at just about every position on the team. Sure we land an Orakpo when he fortunately fell into our laps but for every one find we get the Giants land a Pierre-Paul or what the hell his name is AND a Tuck AND a Nicks. *sigh* done venting for now. 5 wins don't make me happy in the least and this team ain't moving forward right now

Archived