Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SB Nation DC: Vince Young Shows Why Redskins Should Be Thankful For Donovan McNabb

themurf

I like to call it McNabb's Silent Repudiation of Mike Shanahan..."So I can't run your 2-minute offense? How about I do it twice in one game?" Which is exactly what Donavan did against the Titans.

First Half, 29 seconds left. 1st down on their own 39. Four straight completions to the Tennessee 33. Gano misses the 51 yard field goal.

End of game, 1:37 left. 1st down on their own 22. McNabb moves the team 49 yards to set up a game winning field goal. Gano misses from 47 yards.

McNabb didn't have to say a word about getting benched for not having the cardiovascular endurance or the knowledge needed to run the 2 minute offense. He just went out and did it. Twice.

Excellent point. McNabb may not be who he was in the early 00's, but he's got nothing he can't prove.

As far as Vince Young goes, Charlie Casserly picking Mario Williams first in that draft is looking better and better.

Finding guys that can play QB at a high level in the NFL is hard enough, finding a consummate professional like Donovan McNabb is rare indeed. One less thing the Redskins need to worry with, at least for the next little while.

Good write up! and well said Dan T. Couldn't agree more. It takes a lot more than just talent, if your mental game isn't there and you don't comport yourself properly, talent alone won't get you but so far. Options were few, and McNabb is more than worth it...the perfect guy for the lockeroom/teammate and stop gap needed for the next year or two until we find the QB of the future. He brings class, leadership and stability even if his game isn't quite what it was.

Honestly, I'm glad this happened to the Titans. Those ****ers stirred up so much :pooh: for us with the trade Al/Shanny v Al mess because they were pissed they didn't pay Al & we did. They were the ones that kept calling to try & get him back & offering us a low ball pick for him because of the perceived media bs that they started. Servers those ****ers right. Now the national media is all on them & no one barely mentions us now.

Hey Titans, karma's a mother****er ain't it.:)

Archived