Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Injury Replacement Nobody's Talking About: Anderson Russel

Conn

Well there were two and I just rewatched them. I didn't see Russell and saw Doughty in on both.

Thanks for the info.

Shanahan just said this guy is now on IR.

Good to know. Hopefully he continues to develop next year' date=' Horton seems to have lost anything he ever had.

Nice to see someone confirm that. I was wondering what the OP was talking about.

Yeah, the OP was partially a question to find out that information as well, because I missed that portion of the game, and then to discuss it if that was indeed the case. So, my bad.

Either way, its a decent discussion about our safeties I guess.

Yeah, the OP was partially a question to find out that information as well, because I missed that portion of the game, and then to discuss it if that was indeed the case. So, my bad.

Either way, its a decent discussion about our safeties I guess.

Not an unreasonable question. Redskins Insider (I think) tweeted that Anderson Russell was starting -- but then again everyone thought Torain was gonna play last week and look at the way that turned out...

No its a complete assumption based on the play in which he went down awkward on his own and then just grabbed at his knee. I am assuming it wasn/t just cramping because he never made it back in the game. If its any sort of strain or ligiment damage it would be at least 2-3 weeks so he would be shelved to make room for other players due to all the injuries.

My assumption was right he just got the IR as perr rotoworld

I think Shanahan said ACL. If so' date=' that could be a long road back.[/quote']

Yeah, that's a tough one.

Not an unreasonable question. Redskins Insider (I think) tweeted that Anderson Russell was starting -- but then again everyone thought Torain was gonna play last week and look at the way that turned out...

I know, its tough to trust anything said on twitter nowadays :ols:

My assumption was right he just got the IR as per rotoworld

Yup, you called that one. I didn't see the injury, but it must've looked pretty ugly.

Isn't Russell the guy that crumbled near the sideline as the Titan punt returner ran past him for a TD? It looked like he got hit/blocked (legit) and just crumbled to the ground grabbing his knee.

Yeah, he did something to his ACL and is on IR now.

Archived