Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stop going to games

Smurf3

Stop coming to ES.

Why should the O.P. stop coming to E.S. just because you disagree with his thread?

Can't you just disagree with him without taking an authoritarian stance?

FWIW, I disagree with the premise, as stated by many posters above who have already paid for their tickets for the rest of this season. Perhaps a better way to pose the question and/or statement is, "Will you renew your season tickets in light of the continued mediocrity of this franchise? I encourage you to not do so...."

Let me get this straight........

Season Ticket Holders that have already paid for the rest of the games should just not go??

Are you going to reimburse them? If not this idea is just plain ridiculous.

The fact is not going to games wouldn't do anything. Most teams make a lot of money in so many other ways. Not going to games isn't going to kill Dan Snyder.

By going to games, you are not supporting Dan Snyder, you are supporting the PLAYERS. I can understand the frustration, I really do. I understand why you feel this way, but the outcome of your solution to the problem will not yield your desired results. Fans are going to attend games, that will not change. I have never been able to go to a live game, but if I had the chance right now, I would no matter how bad the season has been

I agree with this guy to an extent....Im not a season ticket holder but I go to (went to ) alot of games. This year I decided that it was not worth the money based on the product I was seeing on the field. I was offered free tickets to last nites game but I stuck to my guns abotu not going back until a winning season and I was right. I have no even said I will not spend another dime on this team until I see at minimum a 9-7 season.

If it was me and I was a season ticket holder I would not be renewing for next year....if all season ticket holders did that then Snyder would get the message, granted thats not going to happen but the implications would be far reaching.

I will propose this if you dont have season tickets dont go to the game, if you do then do not buy anything there, those of us non season ticket holders do not buy any skins merchandise. The only thing these suits care about is there wallet when we start to effect that then things will change. I could personally care less if the game gets blacked out....that would be the best case scenario becuase it would finally get the everyday fan pissed.

Is it going to happen no probably not, but if people think that last nite is ok then your the ones who need a reality check.

I think it's too late for this now. It'd send the wrong message. We just started trying to go in the right direction and turn things around, so how would that look for us to do this now?

Great point. Some fans boycotted things last year in order to get the change we're working through now. To quit on the team again would be idiotic. I still think it's hilarious how some fans can yell for change and then not be patient enough to let it take its course. We're not going to improve in one season. We need a couple off-seasons to stock our roster with talent.

Why should the O.P. stop coming to E.S. just because you disagree with his thread?

Fully agree. The idea posted on here to wear paper bags will send the same message. But only if it is the majority if not all fans who attend. Not just a handful. Show support of the team, but not for Dan Snyder if you think he is the problem. By boycotting the games, the players are going to take it worse then Snyder will. Imagine being a player, coming out of the tunnel and seeing that there are NO fans to support you during a home game....How hard do YOU think YOU will play in that game with that on your mind?

Great point. Some fans boycotted things last year in order to get the change we're working through now. To quit on the team again would be idiotic. I still think it's hilarious how some fans can yell for change and then not be patient enough to let it take its course. We're not going to improve in one season. We need a couple off-seasons to stock our roster with talent.

Exactly. We've all been complaining for TOO long for a change to occur, and this season we finally got it, and some are still complaining about the past. I definitely agree with the last part of what you said.

When will the true fans (not the social/political/in thing to do class) realize that Snyder couldn't care less about winning football games? All he cares about is selling out 8 home games a year and then developing a marketing plan for the next off season in order to dupe the faithful into having hope for the next season. The Washington Redskins under Snyder is a marketing organization disguised as an NFL football team. Please stop going to games. Boycott the rest of the season starting with this coming Sunday. If this is just rehashing an old theme, so be it until other posters stop posting threads as if the Redskins are a serious football organization.

You seem to have some serious misconceptions about Snyder if you think he views the Redskins franchise strictly as a money-making venture.

You seem to have some serious misconceptions about Snyder if you think he views the Redskins franchise strictly as a money-making venture.

Now I don't like Snyder, never denied the fact and never will. Even if we become SB contenders year after year, I will still display disdain for Snyder. I felt this way ever since he waved his deep pockets in the faces of the Cooke Family. I have always been, and will continue to be, impartial to the Cooke Family because I have always thought they were the best owners in the NFL.

So to show anger to Snyder, go for it, but like I said, don't let that anger be pushed on to the players (unless you are just as angry with them)

If Skins fans stop going to games, then the tickets will just be sold to opposing fans, and we'll have 7 straight away games. Hell, maybe the hostile environment will do some good and get them to practice and play during the week, instead of eating chips and watching Two and a Half Men re-runs.

i dont really know how i feel about dan snyder right now. i have always assumed i hated him, but lately i've wondered if thats really the case.

i think he probably cares about the W-L record more than people think. the only difference between him and us is that Snyder can actually do something tangible that will directly affect the team. can i say with certainty that i wouldnt go sign a bunch of FAs after a disappointing year? no.

i hate that Snyder wasted a few seasons by refusing to change his ways, but for me the disgust kind of stops there.

owners are owners, and they will always gouge fans. it's too bad, but it isnt likely to change. i cant hold any of that against Snyder anymore than i can hold it against any bigtime business owner.

but as long as Snyder makes team-related decisions with a winning team in mind, i cant really blame the guy. he makes some stupid choices for sure, but its not like he was trying to screw the fans when he gave Albert $41 million.

Let me get this straight........

Season Ticket Holders that have already paid for the rest of the games should just not go??

Are you going to reimburse them? If not this idea is just plain ridiculous.

So, if you had a plane ticket and knew it was going to crash, would you still go?

This season is in ful spiral and the wings have ripped off.

When will the true fans (not the social/political/in thing to do class) realize that Snyder couldn't care less about winning football games? All he cares about is selling out 8 home games a year and then developing a marketing plan for the next off season in order to dupe the faithful into having hope for the next season. The Washington Redskins under Snyder is a marketing organization disguised as an NFL football team. Please stop going to games. Boycott the rest of the season starting with this coming Sunday. If this is just rehashing an old theme, so be it until other posters stop posting threads as if the Redskins are a serious football organization.

I couldn't disagree more. I think Dan Snyder wants the team to win more than just about anyone else. Moreover, I don't think he should be blamed for all of our ills, even if he is a convenient whipping boy.

Fully agree. The idea posted on here to wear paper bags will send the same message. But only if it is the majority if not all fans who attend. Not just a handful. Show support of the team, but not for Dan Snyder if you think he is the problem. By boycotting the games, the players are going to take it worse then Snyder will. Imagine being a player, coming out of the tunnel and seeing that there are NO fans to support you during a home game....How hard do YOU think YOU will play in that game with that on your mind?

Oh, I don't know. Probably about as hard as they played after a 2 week break and on National TV maybe? Careless, heartless, and emotionless would be the words to describe both scenarios.

Archived