Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Front Office Moves= Blowouts

NoVaSkins21

I think when you see what great talent the Eagles and the Giants find year in and year out, it makes me wonder if we have the right people in place.

I look at this game last night and say that it is all about talent, these teams are so far ahead of us in every aspect, I wonder if it's more our FO than anything else. The Eagles get rid of people that would start on our team, and when a player goes out from injury, they just plug another in and they don't miss a beat.

I know Allen and company just started, but I really have my doubts about this hiring in the long run

I agree.

I wonder if the scouting department is still the same. In the offseason I read where Allen and Shanahan didn't make too many changes and were using the grades provided by the previous FO for the draft. The excuse being that there was little time to change things.

I was okay with this as long as there was an overhaul after the draft but I don't know if that happened.

It sickens me to see how good and young the Giants are, remolding the team in recent years inserting young players and we are who we are.

Gents,

There is NO way we can hold the current FO responsible for the mess they were left to clean up. Sometimes you just have to go with what you have. It's not like there is a closet full of better scouts just sitting there to hire. Our problems are deep and wide and will take A LONG time to rectify.

Facts are - we are in the same boat as plenty of week / dysfunctioanl teams: Jaguars, Bills, Panthers, Seahawks etc

We really have NO other choice than to let the new FO take charge and try to fix it - ALL of it. This will take time, even if they make NO mistakes on the way - which is also unlikely.

One offseason with few draft picks could not possibly acquire enough pure talent.

Look at it this way. This year, we picked up 3 undrafted free agent rookies who had to start yesterday. Armstrong, Banks, and Williams. That either points to really good scouting or making the best of a really bad situation.

Archived