Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ONN: Nation Taking No Joy In Cowboys' Pathetic Collapse... Actually, Never Mind, It's Really Fun

RansomthePasserby

IRVING, TX—As the Dallas Cowboys struggle with a 1-6 season, sports fans nationwide have been saddened by the bad fortune that has befallen the franchise long revered as one of the NFL's crown jewels, and known throughout the football world as America's Team.

Actually, the U.S. populace immediately confirmed, the Cowboys' pathetic collapse has brought with it nothing but pure joy and happiness.

"It's really been tough to watch, especially for a team that had so much potential heading into the season," Appleton, WI shopkeeper and longtime Packers fan Erik Hoyer said. "Ha! I was almost able to say that with a straight face. Honestly, this Cowboys team has made watching football more fun than it's been in years. They can't run the ball, they can't defend anything, and they're imploding so bad that their owner doesn't even know how many games they've played...

..."Hearing Romo sits to pee scream when his collarbone snapped will always be one of my favorite memories," Washington, D.C. resident Nick Thomason said...

..."I thought I would cherish the day when the Cowboys completely imploded," 44-year-old James Tolliver of Providence, RI said. "And I was right. This has been absolutely wonderful."...

...Ninety-nine percent of respondents said that if karma has caught up with the Cowboys, and they are finally getting payback for all the times Michael Irvin pushed off and was never called for it, or all the years they mysteriously never played an away game in December, then karma is the greatest thing in the history of the world...

Enjoy the rest of this amazing article here:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-taking-no-joy-in-cowboys-pathetic-collapse,18405/

Dunno about the Romo sits to pee collarbone thing, but the rest of it is stuff I hear every day. And that's not just from Redskin fans, its pretty much universal outside of Poke loyalists.

edit: I especially love how they touch on what's becoming one of my fondest thoughts - how that two-week buildup and finally the Super Bowl will be the most excruciatlingly painful twist of the knife for every Poke fan in the Dallas area.

Archived