Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where did Obama go Wrong?

JMS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

i am sorry.. but THIS is a steaming load of ca-ca. The two situations are about as comprable as "the war on drugs" and "world effin war II".

oh come on. a .3% drop attributed largely to 9/11 compared to the largest financial crisis since the Great Depression is a fair comparison.

I wish Obama would quit whining about the mess he inherited. He should have undone TARP, that would have made me happy and the situation a lot better.

[/****ing dumbass]

oh come on. a .3% drop attributed largely to 9/11 compared to the largest financial crisis since the Great Depression is a fair comparison.

I wish Obama would quit whining about the mess he inherited. He should have undone TARP, that would have made me happy and the situation a lot better.

[/****ing dumbass]

Zoony, most of the tarp money has been paid back....

Did you even read my post? I started it with the fact that he MAINTAINED the poor Bush policies (*incluing spending) and then compounded it.

And I pointed out that Obama cut 300 billion off the deficite in 2010. His first budget. I also pointed out how comical it is to claim that is "maintaining" Bush's policy when Boehner and the GOP are pledging to cut the deficit only 100 billion to justify their midtern sucesses.

You are arguing that even though he spent money, that he did it on par with other presidents.

No I'm arguing that he inherited a mess, and basically maintained federal spending at the levels he inherited minus 15%.... I'm also arguing the guys who are blasting him as a tax and spend liberal wonk are the same guys who backed GWBush who really lived up to that label much more than Obama has. I'm arguing Obama is not a liberal, but a pragmatist. Something that only appears liberal to many Republicans because of Galilao's postulate of Relativity.

Your reply had little bearing to the post at all.

Likely because you are better at writing english than reading english.

Zoony, most of the tarp money has been paid back....

Zoony is blaming Obama for not reversing TARP, but holding the Republicans blameless for architecting and passing TARP; not to mention the run up too the crisis which justified TARP.

Zoony is blaming Obama for not reversing TARP, but holding the Republicans blameless for architecting and passing TARP; not to mention the run up too the crisis which justified TARP.

And JMS, as usual, is too dumb to pick up on even not-so-subtle sarcasm.

3 mistakes

1. Putting Health Care before jobs. The Health Care debate was way too long. Economy is always the most important issue to Americans.

2. Stimulus was too small and shouldn't have had any tax cuts in it. That should have been separate. The Stimulus bill didn't have that FDR new deal feel to it. No major theme to fix/repair Americas aging infrastructure.

3. Communicating was dismal. They did a terrible job of articulating what was in some of these bills.

This. "It's the economy, stupid."

Archived