Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banks is a spark!

Louskins9193

I was at the game last night and I gotta tell you this Banks guy may not be an All Pro but he definitely gives this team some much needed spark. He had some great kick off returns last night every time he touched the ball the whole stadium just roared. To top it off the guy blocks a field goal attempt, he is the kind of player this team needs more of IMO.

I totally agree, I cant remember the last time I got excited for a kick/punt return before the kick. With Banks back there, I feel there is a chance for a great return every time. I was also at the game last night and it seemed that every time he got the ball fedex just roared. The only problem I have with Banks is I think he needs to learn not just to got to the sidelines. The colts seemed to figure out he likes the sidelines.

Only issue with Banks returning kicks is the fact that the opposing team knows the reutrn will be set up to go outside. The coaching staff is so paranoid of his fumble issues that they always send him to the outside where if he fumbles he is protected by the side-line (if he fumbles out of bounds the Skins retain possesion), to an extent. Whenever we line up a middle return Chad Simpson will be back to return the kick.

Only issue with Banks returning kicks is the fact that the opposing team knows the reutrn will be set up to go outside. The coaching staff is so paranoid of his fumble issues that they always send him to the outside where if he fumbles he is protected by the side-line (if he fumbles out of bounds the Skins retain possesion), to an extent. Whenever we line up a middle return Chad Simpson will be back to return the kick.

I was wondering why Simpson was back there returning that kick off last night, he definitely needs to show the coaching staff he can take it up the middle without fumbling, we need this guy in there returning kicks as much as possible.

The wedge now can only consist of 2 men. To eliminate the concussions and injuries from the players in the past that were sent to Bust the wedge. There used to be 3-5 players that made the flying V and the returner would get in behind it. Now there can only be 2 players side by side to make up the wedge. We had a 3rd player start beside them before moving off to the right to begin blocking so we got the penalty for to many men in the wedge.

NFL worried about the "wedge" causing problems....do they realize the dude carrying the pig is 150 lbs dripping wet?

No, that call was WEEEEEEEAAAK. One of the weakest I've ever seen, seriously. They said no more than 2 guys can lock hands, and the didn't. The 3rd guy(forget who) came up next to the other two but he barely touched them and sure as hell didn't lock hands with anyone. Good thing Mcnabb fired a 20yd pass one play later, like "yea **** you, refs, we'll start here, thanks"

It's exciting finally having a guy back there that makes me look forward to our returns. It seems like every time, he's one missed tackle away from taking it to the house. Banks has great vision and his smaller size helps him hide behind blockers. I'm seeing big things from this kid

• 2 weeks later...

Archived